Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: 6 Months :-)

As of June 22nd we have been in our new house for 6 months.  I can still call it “new” right?  I can’t believe how fast time has gone by, how much we have accomplished, and how much money we have spent!  For reals!  Lots of money has gone into this place and we haven't even had major renovations!  I can’t imagine how much more we would have spent if that were the case. 
Just to review, here are some of the projects we have accomplished:
Installed surround sound, updated the garage, added shutters, painted the shed, living room and dining room, added shelving in the office closets, updated the front door, repurposed an armoire, fixed the canopy in the backyard, lots of yard work, repurposed the guest room headboard, organized e-v-e-r-y-thing, and lots of cooking in my new kitchen (I am in love with my new appliances).Collage 4Collage 5Collage 6Collage 7
And here, oh heavens, here is everything we have purchased in the last 6 months (I should start praying for my wallet lol):
a king sized bed & mattress, bar stools, couch & ottoman, rugs, lamps, nightstands, washer and dryer, a truck, 2 refrigerators, outdoor furniture, a smoker (in May we the Mr. smoked 41 lbs of brisket for our Sunday School class and it was amazing!), gardening tools galore (including a lawn mower & weed whacker)
I had a hard time finding pictures of all of these things so just use you imagination lolCollage 2Collage 3
We’ve also hosted a few parties here, which have been super fun:
Superbowl Sunday, the Janurary blogger meet-up (I was quite impressed with this one since we’d only been here for about 20 days—I hid everything I could in the dishwasher and closets), our first house guest (my bestie Joy), and a few parties with our Smallgroup from church.
Collage 1
Time has passed by so fast…maybe all of these things have kept us busy?  It’s been a lot of fun and we’re loving every minute.  We so frequently look at each other and say, “I love our home.”  It’s finally more than a house to us, and a place where we call home.
Here’s to the next 6 months of projects, parties, and purchases!!!
xoxo Darby

12 comments :

Mrs. Pancakes said...

awww...happy 6 months...looks like many memories have been had thus far in the home. many more to come. love love the beds for the pups at the end of the bed...so cute!

Ashley Barnhill said...

Wow... y'all have been SOOOO busy!! I am in love with the stenciled wall! Was that easy to do?! I've debated doing it in our house but haven't committed yet.

Jessica K said...

You can take a break at anytime! I have been in this house a lot longer and haven't even done half of my to-do list. Wait. No keep going. You are a source of great ideas and motivation! I love it!!

Meg {henninglove} said...

wow 6 months already? it has gone so fast because you have ben busy making your house into a home and doing a wonderful job at it!

Joy said...

Has it really been 6 months?! That's crazy. A lotta love has gone into that beautiful home of yours. And I'm so happy that I got to enjoy some time with you, the Mr and the pups there. And hopefully I can come back, soon, too! =)

Breanna Hohenstein said...

You've been busy :)

Kelsey said...

Wow! That's a lot of memories! :)I'd say you've done a great job with the time you've had so far!

Jennifer Leible said...

I love your house and everything in it! Wonderful job!!

sherri lynn said...

I love how many memories you've already made and how many people you've already hosted in your home! We've been in our house for a little over a year and I don't even want to think about all that we've bought haha! But it's so worth it to make a home that's comfortable and inviting...and we LOVE it!

Whitney said...

Not gonna lie, I'm totally smiling that I made the cut :) hah! I might come crash your house soon so I can see you again (and your cute pups!)

Rachelle @ Inner Loop Adventures said...

Wow! Your have done so much and it all looks fantastic! You're my DIY hero :)

Robin said...

Great pictures...I especially like your bedroom! I want a double-door fridge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...