Friday, June 14, 2013

The Welcome Door

cd133576bb2f11e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7
A couple weeks ago I showed you how Louisa (my Silhouette Cameo) updated my mixer in the kitchen (see tutorial here). Everyone loves a little monogram :-)
Every time I see it I do a little happy dance!
DSC_0185-3
Louisa got a little crazy and decided to add some flair to our front door.
Sidebar- I love it when she gets all crazy & crafty!
Just to recap, this was our original front door and then after I painted it black.Door Collage
and made a cheap spring wreath.....
....and more monogram.
Obsessed much Darby?!
DSC_0112-2
To add a little more flair to our “warm bungalow” Louisa made a “Welcome” sign using a glossy white vinyl and a Champagne font.
Using the exact same steps that I used to make my mixer (obviously with different verbiage & font), I made Louisa made a small “Welcome” addition to the front door.Collage 1-2DSC_0192DSC_0195DSC_0193-2
It’s just a little touch added to the front door.
So what do you think? 
Welcoming?
What else should I turn Louisa loose on?
I hope y'all have a great weekend!  I think hubs and I are going to have a quiet summer weekend at home.  Maybe some Redbox movies and grilling out, but nothing too taxing :-)
What are y'all up to?
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...