Monday, January 14, 2013

Louisa is in the Pantry

Every time the Mr and I move it’s the same thing:

HOW CAN WE GET MORE ORGANIZED?!

When we first moved into the new house this is what our pantry looked like
DSC_0806-2
YIKES!!!!  I cannot believe I just showed you this picture! lol  I promise I’m not a slob!  I would like to think of myself as a pretty organized person, but when we moved I just threw everything in the pantry just so that I could start getting rid of boxes.  However, since the kitchen is my favorite part of the new house, I knew that the pantry couldn’t stay this chaotic for long.

My blogging buddy, and football smack-talking amiga, Amy from One Artsy Mama inspired me to tackle my pantry.  (Do you know Amy? If not, you really need to go check out her blog. She’s amazing!) Amy got a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas and has been going to town creating so many projects.  I purchased my Silhouette last July and it has been sitting in the box for months now. How lame is that?!?!?!? So it was time to bust out my Silhouette and get to work.  Since Amy named her new Silhouette “Cammie”, we decided I needed to name mine too. So, I would like to introduce you to Louisa.cd133576bb2f11e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7
Isn’t she a beauty? What a great addition to our family she is :-) As soon as she was out of her box she was put to good use, getting us organized again.
I had a mess.
I had Louisa, my Silhouette.
Amy gave me inspiration.
Time to get organized!
First thing I did was take a short visit to The Container Store.  If you have never been to this store, let me tell you, it is HEAVEN for the Type A personality (aka ME!).  I purchased various sized mason jars (love!), open faced baskets, and white washed wooden bins.Collage 1

The car was packet with goodies and Louisa was ready!!Collage 2

This is how I have been keeping my dry pantry items.  I kept them in ziplock bags because I hate the idea of bugs.  I’m a bit neurotic about it so I take every precaution.  DSC_0809-2
But as soon as I had the jars I switched them from the bags.  I wrote the contents on each jar with a dry erase marker. DSC_0813-2DSC_0811-2I made a jar for brown sugar, all-purpose flour, self-rising flour, sugar, white rice, brown rice, bisquick, cake flour, quick oats, and loose pasta.DSC_0810-2
Using my Silhouette software I made the labels with a pharmacy font.Collage 3

I put the labels on the jars and organized the boxes and baskets in the pantry.  What do you think?DSC_0015-2DSC_0016-2DSC_0816-2DSC_0814-2
I can definitely find everything now and I love the way the jars look.  It really adds a nice touch to my new kitchen.  What should Louisa and I do next?
We are on a roll getting this place in order, but is there a project you want to see Louisa and I do next?
Linking up at Liz Marie's Hop To It Party
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...