Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: My Handman

Sorry (not sorry) folks but this might get a little sappy. I can’t help myself.  You have been warned.

Since moving into our new house, the Mr hasn’t sat down.  He has been fixing, updating, correcting, and changing.  I am beyond impressed with how much work he can do in such a short about of time; he is so talented!  From what I hear, when you become a parent the transition in roles causes spouses to fall in love with each other all over again because you see a different side of your spouse.   I feel the same could be said about our recent transition.  Please understand  that I am in no way comparing the miracle of life with the material of homeownership.  Instead what I am saying is that with our transition we have both added new hats to wear and the new hat that the Mr is wearing has made me fall head over heels for him, all over again!  I simply can’t stop staring at my hubby work around our home.  My heart swells when I hear of each task he has completed and what he has planned to do next.  The way he cares about providing a warm and comfortable home for our family is heavenly. We do not have “honey do lists” in our house, but we do have “Team Hawley” lists.  Yes this is how we refer to each other (so corny, right?) and we enjoy tackling tasks together.  Having a handyman is a great resource, but having MY handyman is simply blissful.  Today I just want to brag about all the things my special, handsome, live-in handyman has been up to around casa de Hawley.

He has fixed the canopy on the back porch, installed our surround sound, updated lighting fixtures, cleaned and fixed the shed (as I type he is prepping to paint), installed outside lighting, fixed the doors inside, updated the outside of the house, purchased new furniture and delivered it himself, built rails for our new bed, filled holes in the backyard that the dogs insist on digging, installed a new mirror on my vanity, and a million other things that I can’t even remember.  He has been busy, right?DSC_0851-2DSC_0831-2DSC_0051-2DSC_0079-2

This is how Tomlin and Roo help out Team Hawley (total bums!)DSC_0846-2DSC_0847-2
He really is my what I’m lovin’, and not just on Wednesdays :-)  Mr, I hope you know how much I adore you; I am completely smitten!  If you have your own husband handyman, make sure you tell them how much you appreciate him today.
Happy Wednesday friends!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...