Friday, January 11, 2013

Transitioning

Based on our previous moves, I thought we would be unpacked by now.

I was wrong.

I was so VERY wrong.

I've got that Type A personality so I had everything ready to go, but when we got here I feel like my brain has yet to figure out that we are staying here for a while.  It feels like I'm on vacation or something. Know what I mean? While most everything is unpacked, it isn't decorated and it definitely doesn't feel like home yet.  I'm sure that will come with time, but for right now we are living in undecorated chaos.

There aren't a lot of big projects to do, just a lot of little things to check-off my Type A brain's list (i.e. stuff to purchase, organize, or decorate to make the house feel like our home).

Perhaps I have yet to decorate anything because I am still brainstorming what I want to do with the space. It is still a blank canvas because, as I told you last week, I didn't really start thinking about moving in until three days before....which was only 2 weeks ago. (Sidebar- Can you believe it has already been 2 weeks?!)

I made a video for y'all of our move and the first few days in the new house.  Enjoy our chaos for now, because I promise the DIY posts are coming with tons of decorations ideas and changes!

I hope y'all have a great weekend!  Anyone have fun plans?
xoxo Darby

12 comments :

Meg O. said...

Your new house is so pretty! I think you should keep the construction mural wall. lol

Joy said...

Terry kept asking me was I watching a makeover movie this morning. HA! I think y'all have come a long way. And two weeks... really to be out of boxes... that's awesome! And I just love the green in the great room! And sorry Kellyn but I'm a little jealous of your room! =)

Miss MP said...

Your new house has so much potential-- very very cute. I've found its better to take my time making a house a home. Can't wait to see it when you start the finishing touches.

Faison said...

I love the new home! It's beautiful! And no, you aren't sloppy at all! It took us about a month to get unpacked here- I'd rather have a root canal than unpack boxes.

I hope you're having a wonderful Friday friend!

The Heights Life! said...

Looking good!! Cannot wait to see more and your DIY projects!!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

Eliza said...

I love your appliances too! The house looks really good, it takes a lot of people wayyy longer to get as much done as you have. Happy Friday!!!

Whitney said...

What a pretty new home!! I absolutely love your new house. The living room looks so cozy!!

Meg Cady said...

SO fun! I love your new house!
I also love how enthused Phil is with your documenting this all :)

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

Thanks for the home tour, D! I love your new house!

Susan Fleming said...

Take your time, you are not movingv again for a long time, enjoy all of this

Holly Browning said...

You will start getting the decorating bug. It takes a while to feel like a place is yours. Moving is exhausting. I just moved last summer with my kids and hubby. Good luck!

Domesticable said...

Phil looks thrilled. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...