Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: My DIY Vanity

When we moved into the new house (I think I start every post like this these days, sorry about that), I wanted a vanity for our bedroom.  The bathrooms lack counter space so I need a place to do my makeup and hair until we replace the bathroom vanities.  I haven’t been able to find something that I like, that matches our master bedroom, is the right size, and is affordable.  I’ve shopped, stalked Craigslist and antique shops, but I just haven't found anything that really fits the bill.  Sooooo I had to get creative.

Do you remember when I renovated our master bedroom in the summer of 2011, and I had this armoire? DSC05830-2
Well I figured that I could easily use this piece of furniture for a vanity!  There was a TV in it and some swim suits, but that’s about it.  We never used the TV so we donated it and now this armoire is my vanity.Collage 1
What do you think? 
After donating what I used to keep in the armoire, I made it a vanity and designated each drawer for either makeup, hair care, or delicates.  The great thing about this, is that the drawers are large and deep enough to hold everything which clears out a lot of space in the bathroom closets.  I also love how I can just shut the doors at the top and no one can see inside.DSC_0835-3I really had everything for this project except the stool which I purchased at Marshall’s for $30 (I negotiated 20% off because a foot was missing and I replaced it myself) and the double sided cosmetic mirror for $14.
I love the scrolls on the back of the stool.  I think it looks so traditionally romantic.
DSC_0838-2
In the mornings when I get ready I can sit and have my tea while having everything at my finger tips.  Collage 2

I just might keep this as my vanity even after the bathrooms are updated ;-)6f93fa4c579d11e2ab9022000a9f14bb_7
Have you ever had a piece of furniture that you just totally changed it’s function to make it work better for you?
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...