Friday, January 25, 2013

Charm for under $20

Something that was extremely important to me in house hunting was finding a home that was not a “cookie cutter home”; that was not an identical sibling to every other house on the block.  The Mr was looking for practical and functional spaces (because he is so wise), while I was looking for charm and character (we make a great pair if I do say so myself).  With our new house, I knew that it was different and had the older charm I was looking for. I also recognized that it had great potential for more character.
But honestly, I thought that the front of the house could not be more plain! Boring!Before-2
There were a couple things that could be done to add charm without breaking the bank.  To add some curb appeal to our new home we decided to add some hardware to the garage.  We purchased a hardware kit from Home Depot for $19.98, and about 15 minutes later the project was done.  Easy project that only requires a drill.  I’m pretty sure it doesn’t get much easier than this! Score!787cdc1b-ea60-4c52-9d6f-42bf4bc86225_400

What do you think of my “new” Carriage Styled garage doors?Door Before-2Door After-2
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...