Friday, June 21, 2013

Perfectly Imperfect Terra Cotta

You may have noticed that I distress almost every DIY project around here.  I’m not sure why I do this exactly, but I do know that there is something about how the imperfection looks so beautiful to me…..very much like people ;-) None of us are even close to perfect, yet somehow that makes us so beautiful.  Woah, I did not foresee me getting that deep with a craft project, but oh well that is what I was thinking, so I thought I would share a little deep thought with you lol  I guess I just love the look of imperfection…perhaps I find it comforting.

Okay so back to the project at hand, and distressing.  When we moved in, the previous owners left some terra cotta pots so I decided to distress some and bring them inside.
DSC_0010-3
I took a terra cotta pot, and hosed it off outside.DSC_0198-2

When it dried (which as you know in Houston, does not take long) I painted it white with a primer + paint spray paint.DSC_0002-2
When the paint dried, I took some sand paper and kind of haphazardly scuffed up the terra cotta pot.  There wasn’t any real pattern; I just tried to make it look beat up and old.DSC_0245-2
I added a box wood plant and
TADA!!!!!!DSC_0004-2DSC_0009-2DSC_0012-2

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
I always enjoy live plants inside, so I think this adds a nice touch to the buffet in the dining area.
What do you think?
Have a fabulous weekend!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...