Friday, June 21, 2013

Perfectly Imperfect Terra Cotta

You may have noticed that I distress almost every DIY project around here.  I’m not sure why I do this exactly, but I do know that there is something about how the imperfection looks so beautiful to me…..very much like people ;-) None of us are even close to perfect, yet somehow that makes us so beautiful.  Woah, I did not foresee me getting that deep with a craft project, but oh well that is what I was thinking, so I thought I would share a little deep thought with you lol  I guess I just love the look of imperfection…perhaps I find it comforting.

Okay so back to the project at hand, and distressing.  When we moved in, the previous owners left some terra cotta pots so I decided to distress some and bring them inside.
DSC_0010-3
I took a terra cotta pot, and hosed it off outside.DSC_0198-2

When it dried (which as you know in Houston, does not take long) I painted it white with a primer + paint spray paint.DSC_0002-2
When the paint dried, I took some sand paper and kind of haphazardly scuffed up the terra cotta pot.  There wasn’t any real pattern; I just tried to make it look beat up and old.DSC_0245-2
I added a box wood plant and
TADA!!!!!!DSC_0004-2DSC_0009-2DSC_0012-2

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
I always enjoy live plants inside, so I think this adds a nice touch to the buffet in the dining area.
What do you think?
Have a fabulous weekend!
xoxo Darby

9 comments :

Rachelle @ Inner Loop Adventures said...

It looks great! I love distressed too though :) and I think I'm on love with your quatrefoil wall!!!

Lauren said...

That looks great. And I never know the names of plants, so now I can go to Home Depot and get one of those and appear to kind of know what I'm talking about!

The Cavallaro's said...

Love it! You're so crafty and this is a craft I could actually do!!! Haha! You're right, very easy!

Jessica K said...

I love it! Simple, but gorgeous! Looks awesome against the Navy!

Joy said...

It looks soooo good! I need to do something like this to our pots on the back deck. They just look too new... know what I mean? Love you! Happy Friday!

Emily said...

SO simple to do. LOVE IT.

Megan said...

I LOVE how this turned out! Great job! I'm your newest follower:)

Stephanie said...

So cute! I love your wall as well!

Whitney said...

Seriously so in love with this. It's so easy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...