Friday, July 19, 2013

Summer Pasta for Ladies

The Mr. was out of town a couple weekends ago so I had a girl night!
I controlled the remote, watched Les Misérables, and ate some girly pasta :-)
I think what makes this pasta girly is that there isn’t any meat.  If I served this to the Mr. I know he would ask, “uh….where is the meat?”
I know he wouldn’t enjoy this pasta as much as I would so I took advantage of him being away and made some girly summer pasta.From the Kitchen of Darby HawleyDSC_0397-3
Ingredients/Directions:
This isn’t a complex recipe and there is plenty of room for being creative & tailoring the recipe to your own taste, but I will tell you how I made mine.  I mixed together diced tomatoes (I used cherry, heirloom, & Heinz tomatoes because that is just what I had), pepper, salt, garlic powder, pinch of sugar, fresh oregano & basil, & EVOO.  I let this sit on the counter for 4-5 hours to marinate.  It made the kitchen smell amazing!  I boiled & drained tri-colored tortellini and mixed in the tomato mixture.  I topped it with an aged Irish cheddar cheese and some more basil.DSC_0388-2DSC_0405-2
Have a great weekend & stay cool sweet friends!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...