Friday, July 26, 2013

Oreo Dessert


My mom used to make this as a special dessert when we were kids.  I don't know what it was really called but we called it Oreo Dessert....because it was made with Oreos and we ate it for dessert.  Simple enough right?  So I adapted the recipe and made it into an Oreo pie....and I've got to say it's pretty delicious.  It might even be a life changer ;-)


Ingredients:
For the pie crust: 
1.5 sleeves of crushed Oreos
1/2 stick of melted butter.

For the pie:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 medium tub cool whip
3 oz. box instant chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1/2 sleeve crushed Oreo Cookies to sprinkle on top

Directions:
1. To make the crust, crush up 1.5 sleeves of Oreos and mix with melted butter.  Then deeply press into a pie pan.
2.  For the pie, mix together the cream cheese and the butter until smooth. Carefully add in the powdered sugar and half of the cool whip. Then pour over the Oreo crust, and set aside.
3. Now you're ready for the next layer of the pie.  To make the pudding, whisk together the chocolate pudding mix and the milk and let it sit for a few minutes (it should start to thicken fairly quickly).  Then pour it over the first layer.
4.  Spread the remaining cool whip over the top.
5. Sprinkle crushed Oreos over the pie. Refrigerate for one hour or until ready to serve.
DIG IN!!!!
Now friends go forth into your weekend with this sweet treat :-)
image 
xoxo Darby

16 comments :

Nadine Lynn said...

You had me at Oreos. Dear goodness this looks heavenly!

Meg Cady said...

Stoppppppp it. It is all going to my hips just looking at it! SO YUMMY!

Meg Cady said...

ALSO your pictures are SO GOOD.

Joy said...

I'm gonna need you to make your way to my house, and I'll have everything you need to make this for me. MUST. HAVE. SOME. NOW.

Lauren said...

So easy! I need to make this with my little niece next time she's in town - perfect for her age!

Jessica K said...

Dear Thighs,

This is definitely worth it. I wouldn't make this decision lightly.

Love,
Mouth

Susan Fleming said...

I have always love this and it has been some time since I have had it may have to do this weekend

love ya

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

I love that scrumptious photo! :) Have you ever heard of ice box cake? This is so similar, but I love the Oreo crust!

Simply Camylla said...

Omg that sounds devine!!!!
Need to try!

Thanks!


Ox
Simplycamylla.blogspot.com

The Cavallaro's said...

I'm thinking you still need to invite me over for food ;) And while you are at it, come over to my casa and be my designer ;)

Rachelle @ Inner Loop Adventures said...

Oh wow, that looks sinfully good!

Whitney said...

YUMMMM!!!!! This looks delish!

Laura Darling said...

This sounds so good. It's hard to beat Oreos!:)

Lauren said...

This looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

aussie lovers said...

would you double for a 9x13 pan? Making for a big group party. Thanks

Silvia Jacinto said...

Eating is really one of my hobby i mean part of my life and cooking is my passion.
I also love going to a place and at the same time taste their delicious and most wanted food.
I want to taste something that is new to my palate. Thanks for sharing your article with us.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...