My mom used to make this as a special dessert when we were kids. I don't know what it was really called but we called it Oreo Dessert....because it was made with Oreos and we ate it for dessert. Simple enough right? So I adapted the recipe and made it into an Oreo pie....and I've got to say it's pretty delicious. It might even be a life changer ;-)
For the pie crust:
1.5 sleeves of crushed Oreos
1/2 stick of melted butter.
For the pie:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 medium tub cool whip
3 oz. box instant chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1/2 sleeve crushed Oreo Cookies to sprinkle on top
1. To make the crust, crush up 1.5 sleeves of Oreos and mix with melted butter. Then deeply press into a pie pan.
2. For the pie, mix together the cream cheese and the butter until smooth. Carefully add in the powdered sugar and half of the cool whip. Then pour over the Oreo crust, and set aside.
3. Now you're ready for the next layer of the pie. To make the pudding, whisk together the chocolate pudding mix and the milk and let it sit for a few minutes (it should start to thicken fairly quickly). Then pour it over the first layer.
4. Spread the remaining cool whip over the top.
5. Sprinkle crushed Oreos over the pie. Refrigerate for one hour or until ready to serve.