Monday, July 15, 2013

Nutella French Toast Sandwiches

I always get bread for dinner and I always have left-overs.
It never fails!
So I have to get creative with ways to reinvent the left-over bread so that I’m not being wasteful.
Last Sunday I decided to turn my left-over artisan bread into french toast.
It was so yummy that I had to share the recipe with you. 
This recipe is for 2 but you can easily make more by doubling/tripling the recipe. 
I hope this french toast sweetens up your morning :-)
From the Kitchen of Darby HawleyDSC_0456-3
Ingredients:
Left-over bread, can be artisan, ciabatta, sourdough, or even sandwich bread
1 egg
1 tbs milk
1 tbs powdered sugar, plus extra for sprinkling on top
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
nutella

Directions:
  1. Thinly slice up your bread, and whisk together the egg, milk, powdered sugar, vanilla, & cinnamon.
  2. Spread nutella over one of your pieces of sliced bread and then top with another slice of bread so that it looks like a nutella sandwich.  Then dip the sandwich into the egg mixture, being sure to coat both sides. Collage 1
  3. Toast your sandwich over medium heat in a nonstick skillet, on both sides, for 3-5 minutes.
  4. Before serving, pour yourself a delicious cup of coffee & top your french toast with some powdered sugar.
DSC_0449-2DSC_0444-2DSC_0453-2Have a sweet morning :-)
xoxo Darby

9 comments :

Rachelle @ Inner Loop Adventures said...

Oh this sounds heavenly! We sometimes make mini pancakes, slather on Nutella, then top with sliced/chopped almonds and it's delicious!

Lauren said...

Eatsie Boys cafe in Montrose tweeted about Nutella French toast this weekend and I wanted it so badly! Next Sunday, when you hear something rustling in the bushes, don't worry - it will just be me hoping you leave a plate of leftovers out! How is your husband not 1000 lbs with all the yumminess you create?

Kate Cee said...

This looks amazing. Everything is better with nutella!

Anonymous said...

Phil brought some cookies you made with him to work and he let me have one. It was amazing, do you have the recipe on here somewhere?

Miss MP said...

You had me at Nutella :-)

Meg {henninglove} said...

this is just no far darby, you can't make this and then not invite me over ;-) maybe after my tastebuds decide they like sugar again i will have to make this, it looks amazing

Meg Cady said...

SHUT UP SHUP UP SHUT UP.
My roommate and I were just talking about how we are going to make french toast this week!

DELISH

Kelsey said...

I almost thought about making sandwiches and french toasting them when I made french toast yesterday! Now I know it's a completely great idea! Love it :)

Ashley R said...

Well this looks just about as heavenly as it gets ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...