Monday, March 31, 2014

Stork the Nursery: Showers for the Distant Mama-to-be

If you’ve been around here for a while you know that while the Mr. and I live in Houston, I am from Virginia and he is from the Pittsburgh area.  We have family in those states, as wells as Florida, Nebraska, and Tennessee.  My family wanted to host a shower for us, but we all knew that the distance was going to be a HUGE issue; there was no way that we could get all of our family together in one state…to be honest we couldn’t even do that for our wedding, and we ended up with two different wedding receptions…… I’ll save that story for another day, but suffice it to say, there was no way to get us all together.  So my sister, genius that she is, brainstormed a way for us to be showered from all corners of the globe. 

With a spin on the typical “Stock the Bar” engagement party, she sent out announcements to our friends and family to “Stork” our Nursery from the comforts of their own homes.  I think this is a great idea for showers where the bride or mama-to-be is too far away and the family still wants to shower her with love for the next chapter in her life.  Virtual Baby ShowerDSC_0310-2
Check out these awesome stamps my sister made too!  She used the pictures from our gender reveal!  I was so shocked and surprised to see that!  DSC_0313-2
Thank you Kellyn for organizing this for us! 
We are so grateful!!!!
You are going to make one heck of an aunt!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...