Monday, January 6, 2014

It’s a……{Little Peep Edition}

Of course this neuroscientist mama looked at the stats!  Do you think I would have it any other way!?!?! Not only did I want to know what you thought Little Peep would be, but I also wanted to see from different populations what everyone thought.  The majority of the votes mirrored the old wives tales and voted for a She.  Check it out:

Old wives tales: 60% girl and 40% boy
Social Media: 68% girl and 32% boy

I just think this is all so sweet and I’m so grateful for everyone voting; it was super fun to read all of your comments and why you thought which gender Little Peep was going to be. Thank you so much for playing along.
But I have to let the cat out of the bag this morning.
So what is Little Peep!?!?!
DSC_0631-2In the above picture you can see Little Peep's right arm and facial profile. DSC_0250-2DSC_0258-2DSC_0302-2DSC_0307-2DSC_0308-2
I really can’t even begin to say how excited we are to have a little boy on the way.  I feel like I’m about to bust right out of my skin with joy.  I know you’re not supposed to say if you want a boy or a girl, and you’re supposed to say a “healthy baby” (but seriously that really is a given in my mind, and gender is completely independent of health), but I will be completely honest with you, I have prayed for a little boy since we were married.  I always told the Mr. that I wanted a bunch of little versions of him running around our house.  Again, the Lord has given us a precious gift, and we are beyond grateful!  So let the fun and planning begin!!!!!
xoxo Darby

28 comments :

Doris Zellinger said...

I voted for a boy and I can't even explain how happy I am for you. You are going to be great parents for this little prince! Praying for a healthy pregnancy.

Lauren said...

Awww yay congrats, Hawleys! Those shoes are precious!

Britt R said...

So happy for y'all!! Deep down the thought boy ;) Glad you got your boy. I totally know what you mean. Congrats you guys!!

Anne W said...

Boys are SO MUCH FUN! :) Congratulations Darby!

Mia Eliza said...

Yay!!!! Congrats. Boys are so sweet! So so happy for you :)

Sarah said...

Yyayay!! Congrats!!!

Jessica K said...

YEAH! BLUE!! Cannot wait to see how you decide to do the nursery. And hear the names that come up. Oh! What fun! I already know the Mr. has a smile that he can't stop!! Congrats to both of you! How does it feel to refer to "it" now as a he. There is more identity. :)

Lauren W said...

So, so happy for you both! Congratulations :) I love those shoes - how adorable. And I can't wait to see how you decorate your nursery!

Joy said...

So happy Avery's future husband is on the way!!! Love the pictures, and can't wait to hear more about all the planning for BABY BOY HAWLEY!!!!

Whitney H said...

I knew it!! I don't know why, I just had a feeling! :) CONGRATS!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Yay! I love your little reveal photos. Congratulations!

Carie said...

YAY! I was right! Congratulations!!!!!!

Heather said...

How exciting!!! So happy for you!

Jamie said...

Congratulations!!

Breonna said...

Awww congrats!!! I know I would have said congrats if it was a girl but still lol. CONGRATS!

Jamie said...

Congratulations!!

Rachelle @ Inner Loop Adventures said...

First, you look too cute in those photos with the bow tied around your belly!! You are going to have so much fun with a little boy. He and the pups will be best friends tearing around the house I'm sure :)

Brooke @ Pieces of the Reese Life said...

YAY!!! Congrats! I can;t wait to find out what we are having!

XO, Brooke

Ashley R said...

I guess right! Woo hoo! So precious. Congrats!!

Catherine said...

Congrats! Boys seem to be the trend among everyone I know! And you look so cute in your pictures! I love reading your bump updates :)

Meg O. said...

That is so exciting! You are one blessed family. Can't wait to see his precious face!

ari @ whatarisaid said...

Congratulations lady!!! Super exciting news. :)

Emily said...

I know everyone guessing had a 50/50 % chance of guessing correctly, but I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! :) Just something screamed boy-can't put it into words, but my gut was telling me bouncing baby BOY! Congratulations. :)

Emily said...

I know everyone guessing had a 50/50 % chance of guessing correctly, but I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! :) Just something screamed boy-can't put it into words, but my gut was telling me bouncing baby BOY! Congratulations. :)

Jessica Reyna Brogan said...

Yay! Little boys are so much fun! Congratulations <3

I also nominated you for a Sunshine Blogger Award. Do with it what you will.

http://thereinventionofjessica.blogspot.com/2014/01/sunshine-blogger-award.html

Nadine Lynn said...

Yay!! Congrats! Your pictures are just so precious! Do I see an arranged marriage in the future? Hehe.

Amber said...

YAY! Congrats Darby!! xoxo

sherri lynn said...

So thrilled for you, Darby! You and Phil are going to be awesome parents to this little man :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...