Monday, March 24, 2014

Baby Shower Hostess Gifts: DIY Mason Jar Manicure Kit

Over the weekend, Little Peep and I had the honor of being showered with love as we prepare for his arrival.  My smallgroup from church threw us the most gorgeous shower that I am still in complete and utter awe over…seriously we feel so incredibly loved.  Thank you so much ladies for all of your time, effort, and love that you poured into hosting this shower for us.  Words truly cannot express our level of gratitude.

Being on the giving side of a shower many times before, I truly understand what an investment of time and resources these things can be, and I wanted to make sure that my hostesses knew that I appreciated their efforts.  So before arriving at the shower I made these DIY manicure kits in masons jars in the hopes that the ladies of my smallgroup would have some time afterwards to pamper themselves.  Trust me, after the shower they threw us they definitely deserve to be pampered!DIY Mason Jar Manicure Kit
Here is how I put these hostess gifts together (FYI, I promise it doesn’t take rocket science):
All I needed was nail polish, nail files, brushes, manicure blocks, cotton balls, and of course mason jars.
Seriously, is there such thing as a DIY project that doesn’t involve a mason jar anymore?!
DIY Mason Jar Manicure Kit IngredientsI set up an assembly line,
and start dropping goodies into each jar, ending with the cotton balls on top.
Be careful to gently place the nail polish in the bottom since you don’t want to crack the glass.DSC_0293Once the jars were done, I took some left over burlap (from this wreath project) and
bakers twine to cover the tops of the mason jars. 
Before I tied the twine into a bow, I slid on a card that I had stamped with “Thank you.”DSC_0298DSC_0300DSC_0303
These jars, accompanied by a personalized thank you note, were what I gave to the fabulous hosts of our baby shower. 
To say that I’m grateful to you ladies, just doesn’t do it justice.  I hope that you each know how thankful I am to have you as a friend and sister in Christ!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...