Thursday, May 24, 2012

Football Cupcakes

On Monday I shared some pictures with you from our Super Bowl party (see here).  I wanted to start sharing some of those recipes with you.  Most of the comments I got about the party were about the cupcakes; so I will start there.  They really are SO simple to make and I’m sure you could figure out how to make these even without this post.  Y’all are just smart like that :-)
Step 1: Bake cupcakes and let them cool off to room temperature.  You can make cupcakes from scratch or from a mix.  I chose funfetti for the party.  Who doesn’t love funfetti cupcakes?!DSC_0579
Step 2: Once the cupcakes are cooled, take a star icing tip and fill your icing cone with chocolate frosting.  Squeeze the icing cone in a zig-zag motion for each cupcake.  Again the icing can be from scratch, though I recommend a buttercream icing if you make it from scratch so that it holds the shape, or from a can.  This will require more icing than you probably anticipate.  I had to send Phil back to the store on an emergency trip for more icing because I ran out right before our guests came over.DSC_0590DSC_0591
Step 3: I purchased some Wilton’s Ready-to-Use white decorating icing from Kroger.  The awesome thing about this icing is that icing tips will screw right onto the bottle. So all you have to do is draw some laces on your footballs.Wilton IcingDSC_0595
How easy was that?! 
There you have it: festive and delicious football cupcakes :-)  Not only would these be great for a football game, but also a boy baby shower, or a young little boy’s birthday party.  See the possibilities are endless!DSC_0613DSC_0614
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...