Monday, May 21, 2012

Super Bowl in May

Clearly I am still playing catch-up on this here bloggy-blog!  I am a bit embarrassed to finally be writing about something that occurred in February, but I figured better late than never, right? And since football preseason is right around the corner this could be a great energizer for the new season (that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it lol)

Phil and I are stoked about this upcoming NFL season and have been watching tape from the past couple seasons.  I keep asking Phil if he thinks Tomlin (the coach, not our dog) will let me in the locker room to do pre-game pep talks.  He agrees that I should.  Now….how to convince the Steelers…..hmmmmm ;-)

So to jog your memory, the Super Bowl was 2/5/2012, with the New York Giants playing the New England Patriots.  And for you non-football fans, Madonna was the Half Time performance.

Where were Phil and I in February? At this point we had had Rooney for just a couple weeks and he was still very sick.  I was teaching, writing my dissertation, and traveling for job interviews.  Phil was also back in class for the spring semester and working full-time.  The best description of us at that point was SLEEP DEPRIVED!  So what did we do to celebrate the Super Bowl?

Host a par-tay of course!!! Ha did you think I was going to say take a long nap? We’re a little crazy like that lol  We had a bunch of Phil’s coworkers and their significant others over to our house to watch the game.  Phil was excited to host because of his new TV and surround sound, and I enjoy any opportunity to cook, so it was a relaxing time for us :-)
I only got pictures of the food from the party (go figure lol).
Football shortbread cookiesDSC_0611
Football cupcakesDSC_0613DSC_0614
Frito PieDSC_0622DSC_0631
Jalapeno Poppers (recipe)DSC_0624
Wings with ranch dip and blue cheese dipDSC_0625
Pretzel bitesDSC_0628
Wow after looking at these pictures I’m hungry again!  I’ve got to share these recipes with you, so stay tuned friends!  Happy Monday!!!
xoxo Darby

5 comments :

Lindsay said...

I am totally drooling over your food! That looks AMAZING! I really need to come to one of your parties. :)

Meg {henninglove} said...

those cupcakes are soo cute!! i love a super bowl party

Joy said...

I LOVE the cupcakes. They're so cute! Now all this food has me hungry, too!! Thanks Darby!! LOL

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

I seriously wish I could reach through the computer and eat your food!

sherri lynn said...

All of this food looks so good! Perfect Superbowl party food :) And you set everything up so perfectly for a party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...