Friday, May 25, 2012

Graduation Weekend

I told you that about 4 million pictures were coming your way following graduation (here).  Today, I’m going to bombard you with pictures from that weekend :-) Buckle up peeps, I don’t want you to get beat up with this picture bomb lol
Waving goodbye for the last time without my doctorate.  I was a little nervous for the ceremony, if you can’t tell from the picture ;-)556732_575624377790_81900926_31484664_1667094918_n
Processing in and finding the fam in the audience. I was so happy to have my support team present to witness the day.DSC_0591
Being hooded Dr. Hawley on stage. PRAISE THE LORD!DSC_0616
Shaking hands with the president.DSC_0625
Showing off my latest hood :-)577644_575625066410_81900926_31484681_13141275_nMe with my sisterDSC_0646
Me with the Mr.DSC_0649
The fam who flew to Texas for my graduation.DSC_0670
After the ceremony the celebrating began with a delicious brunch and dinner out on the town in Houston!!!547937_575625166210_81900926_31484687_847673049_nDSC_0688This just might be my favorite picture of my dad :-)DSC_0689
I hope you didn’t think I was going to post pictures of the family and leave out my 4-legged children!DSC_0699DSC_0700



My sister snuggle’n with the pups.DSC_0702
Kellyn gave me this gorgeous monogrammed necklace as a graduation gift and I just had to show it off :-)  I sure do love jewelry and monogram. hehe Kellyn must know me pretty well ;-)DSC_0704
On Saturday we had a girls day filled with shopping, outdoor cafes, and pedicures! Whenever Kellyn is in town we always have to go relax at Tiny Boxwood (a fabulous french bistro; I highly recommend it to fellow Houstonians)DSC_0707DSC_0709DSC_0711DSC_0714
We also got delightful 2-hour deluxe pedicures in honor of my mom for mothers day.  Look at those pur-dy toes!DSC_0720
All-in-all graduation weekend was fun, relaxing and full of celebrations. :-)  I wish I could do it all over again, without the 5 years of degree earning of course hehe

13 comments:

Erin Reissig said...

Yay!!! Congrats pretty girl!

Lindsay said...

So very happy for you, friend! Congrats on the huge accomplishment! I love all the pictures, you are beaming! What a memorable day for you & your family!

Kellyn Fleming said...

This might be one of my favorite posts in a while!!!! Yay! Just looking through these pictures reminds me again just how proud of you I am!! That was a lovely weekend and I can't wait to visit again soon! Best sister in the whole wide world! Love you always!

Joy said...

Such a wonderful post! You can tell how proud your parents, hubs and the pups are of you! And you and your sister are precious. So glad they were all there to celebrate with you!

Simply Kelly Blog said...

Such a great accomplishment!! Congrats!

H2O Threadworks said...

That is so fantastic! Congratulations!

Lindsey said...

Congrats Darby! That necklace is beautiful btw... sooo "you". :) I know you worked very hard for this... such a great accomplishment. :)

Alexa said...

Ah such an accomplishment! Congrats! xoxo

Mel the Crafty Scientist said...

SOOO fun! I love it and I can't believe how similar our ceremonies actually sort of look... guess our Prez. isn't the only one with the giant ridiculous chain (though I thought he was... somehow in my college grad and all the others I've been to, the Prez. here was the only one who I've seen wear one)! And I LOVE that you got pedicures - so pretty! And you look GORGEOUS! : )

-Mel the Crafty Scientist

Jenny said...

Congratulations on graduating, that is so exciting! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop...I am your newest follower! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
Modern Modest Beauty

Ioana-Carmen said...

This is so attractive post! tell me if you wanna follow each others blog! ;)

FashionSpot.ro

Annmarie Pipa said...

congrats congrats congrats...so worth the effort!!
beautiful pictures!

sherri lynn said...

Congratulations on graduating Darby! I'm glad you had such a fun celebration - you deserve it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover