Monday, May 21, 2012

Super Bowl in May

Clearly I am still playing catch-up on this here bloggy-blog!  I am a bit embarrassed to finally be writing about something that occurred in February, but I figured better late than never, right? And since football preseason is right around the corner this could be a great energizer for the new season (that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it lol)

Phil and I are stoked about this upcoming NFL season and have been watching tape from the past couple seasons.  I keep asking Phil if he thinks Tomlin (the coach, not our dog) will let me in the locker room to do pre-game pep talks.  He agrees that I should.  Now….how to convince the Steelers…..hmmmmm ;-)

So to jog your memory, the Super Bowl was 2/5/2012, with the New York Giants playing the New England Patriots.  And for you non-football fans, Madonna was the Half Time performance.

Where were Phil and I in February? At this point we had had Rooney for just a couple weeks and he was still very sick.  I was teaching, writing my dissertation, and traveling for job interviews.  Phil was also back in class for the spring semester and working full-time.  The best description of us at that point was SLEEP DEPRIVED!  So what did we do to celebrate the Super Bowl?

Host a par-tay of course!!! Ha did you think I was going to say take a long nap? We’re a little crazy like that lol  We had a bunch of Phil’s coworkers and their significant others over to our house to watch the game.  Phil was excited to host because of his new TV and surround sound, and I enjoy any opportunity to cook, so it was a relaxing time for us :-)
I only got pictures of the food from the party (go figure lol).
Football shortbread cookiesDSC_0611
Football cupcakesDSC_0613DSC_0614
Frito PieDSC_0622DSC_0631
Jalapeno Poppers (recipe)DSC_0624
Wings with ranch dip and blue cheese dipDSC_0625
Pretzel bitesDSC_0628
Wow after looking at these pictures I’m hungry again!  I’ve got to share these recipes with you, so stay tuned friends!  Happy Monday!!!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...