Friday, October 7, 2011

Destruction Before Reconstruction: Accent Extra

Ok friends, I am well aware that I have been teasing you with this master bedroom make-over.  I’ve shared bits and pieces of the room and my different projects with you over the past month, but the end is near.  I PROMISE you’ll get the final reveal very soon. 

Today I want to share with you some of the accent pieces (is that what they’re called?)  that I added to our bedroom.  Of course I was trying to keep with my rustic romance/shabby chic theme, so I’m hoping that these pieces fit the bill (please tell me if they don’t though lol)

Remember how I had blankets and throw pillows stored “nicely” on the floor in front of the window?  Well it was way past time for a more polished look.  I originally was looking for a white bench that opened up so I could put pillows inside.  I never found something for my size space for a decent price, but I did happen to see this cute wicker trunk at Ross for $19.  Exactly the size I wanted for way less than I was willing to spend: sounds like a good deal to me :-)DSC05836-2
When my sister was visiting us in June we went shopping and found some perfect sconces for the room.  Phil hung one on each side of the headboard and we added white candles.  I was thinking of adding a colored candle……what color do you think I should pick?  Phil said the only color he didn’t want was blue.  This of course was going to be my suggestion, but we have a blue kitchen and I maayyyyy have over done it (thought I will never openly admit this).  So for now the candles are white.  What do you think?DSC06005-3DSC06002-2
Kellyn (my sister) and I also got this distressed navy blue shelf, and Phil hung it for me next to the entrance of my closet.  I painted a monogram ‘H’ Tiffany Blue, framed a picture of me and my honey, and added a metal cross.  I don’t really know what I want to put in there, but I think these things will do for now, however I am open for suggestions. DSC06009-2
So I’m thinking that these were all of the finishing touches for the room.  I’ve now shown you a DIY burlap lamp shade, new curtains, renovated nightstand, new hamper, DIY chalkboard messenger, new bedding, new armoir décor, DIY reading chair, closet make-over, DIY shutter picture holder, DIY headboard, and of course the finishing touches today. 

Phew that was a lot!  Are you tired of hearing about this project yet?!

Do you know what that means? Do you know what is right around the corner?  YES, the final reveal!!!!!! Hang on to your hats, because it’s comin! 
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...