Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mom and Pup Time

Phil is off on a Core Chase again, for an unspecified amount of time :-(  He isn’t on an oil rig this time, but in some deserted area of Michigan.  I like this much better than a rig because at least I can get in contact with him.  But of course, I still don’t like him gone and I’m ready for him to come home.   This past weekend was the first weekend that he wasn’t at home so Miss Tomlin and I had to keep ourselves occupied.

On Saturday we got lattes and went to the dog park.  (She didn’t actually get a latte, just non-fat cream.)  When I drive by Starbucks and Tomlin sees the sign, she cries if I don’t stop to get her a treat.  This is proof that she is MY dog :-)  299796_551249180880_81900238_31374971_437924513_n
She played at the dog park for 2 hours and had a blast.  She was asleep before we even got home (which is less than a mile lol).    310838_551336316260_81900238_31375867_220922317_n
I went to a festival on Saturday while Tomlin was in her post-dogpark coma.  We had tickets to go, & even though Phil couldn’t go I still went because I enjoy the festival so much every year.  This is what I wore: my first time with skinny jeans.  I was petrified to wear them in public lol  If I look like I’ve been poured into them, please don’t tell me ;-) And, clearly, I need to clean my mirrors.DSC_0006
Saturday night I stayed up late stuffing my face with pizza working, and then Sunday morning Tomlin and I graded papers (i.e. I graded papers and Tomlin snored next to me—she’s very supportive).  DSC_0033 Tomlin also had another photoshoot on Sunday morning since I’m still learning our new camera and she’s such a perfect model :-)DSC_0245DSC_0223DSC_0224DSC_0011DSC_0023DSC_0038For the rest of the day I worked on the couch, football played in the background, and Tomlin snored some more next to me on the couch.315815_551336500890_81900238_31375874_84654405_n
It was a good weekend, but would have been much better with Phil at home.  Hurry up and come home hubby; we miss you!!!!

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

It must be a trend the skinny jeans thing because I got my first pair last year. I was nervous too...but you look great. I never wear mine without my boots. What festival did you to to?

Lindsay said...

Great pics! I think you look fabulous in skinny jeans. I have yet to buy some. I'm think this year I'm gonna go all out & get jeggings. :)

sherri lynn said...

Your skinny jeans look great! I'm always a little hesitant to wear them but I just always make sure I have boots on with them! I hope Phil is able to come home soon! At least you have Tomlin to keep you company. And your pictures are really good! :)

Morgan said...

I haven't been brave enough to buy or wear skinny jeans either! I think the trend started since I've been pregnant/had Caleb so I don't feel skinny enough to wear them! You look great in them - cute outfit! Love the top!

Kellyn Fleming said...

I'm shocked you are just now wearing skinny jeans! You look great in them! Now you will be addicted and want more (like me). I am in the process of looking for skinnier jeans! haha I know weird right, but just depends on the shoe and the outfit! Glad you two had a wonderful weekend! Tomlin is the best model to practice on!

Camylla Leonardi said...

She is just adorable!!
And you looked beautiful :)

Happy Tuesday!
Simplycamylla.blogspot.com

Joy said...

LOVE the photos and or course, LOVE that Tomlin girl! The picture of her on the couch is priceless!! Sweet baby girl needed some alone time with her mommy!! Remember when daddy comes home, you will not exist! LOL And you are so tiny. You were rocking those skinny jeans.

Kelli @ The Turquoise Piano said...

I just checked out your blog and I'm lovin' it! New follower. I totally agree with your jack-o-lantern post.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

looks like a fun filled weekend! Tomlin is too cute. and i LOVED your outfit...skinny jeans becomes you!

Jen said...

Little Tomlin is just so cute. Dogs are great to have around when spouses are away - very loving and supportive :)

Erin R said...

Awesome pictures! I'm so jealous of your camera!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover