Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: Goody Spin Pins!

Remember a couple weeks ago when I shared the scarf video that my sister Kellyn recommended?  Well she has another a-m-a-z-i-n-g fashion tip for you.  I promise, you will love this one too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Darby for letting me be a guest on your blog! I know the title is what YOUR lovin Wed, so I appreciate the guest invite!  I just had to pass this along to you and who knows it may end up being a "What I’M lovin Wed!"

I heard about these but I was skeptical! One time my friend told me about them. I told her “heck no” I have too much hair and especially with my type of hair (I have extremely unruly, curly hair) they would get SOOO tangled; I would never get them out. Well she proved me wrong and put my hair up in them.

I am always looking for new ways to style my ruthless, curly hair so I saw them in the store and figured what the heck, I’ll try them.
Introducing: Goody Spin Pins!Goody Spin Pins Spin Pins
I got the large dark brown ones. They have different sizes and colors. Yes, they are about $6, and you may be thinking $6 for bobby pins on steroids, that’s a bit much right!? But I promise it's worth it! I got to my hotel (because I travel for work) and tried them out and immediately was able to put up my hair; on the first try! I tried a bun, a messy bun, french twist, and a side bun. It actually held my hair and it felt tight enough and secure enough to shake my head back and forth. And that was it, just two pins and it was done! They were super easy to get in and out. It works just as easy for long, short, straight, or curly hair!

AND....when I was looking for the above pictures I found tons of websites and blogs with other hair styles and updos you can do with these nifty pins! There are simple instructions inside the box, but there are even youtube tutorials online to watch! It's never been easier to achieve those fancy updos or messy buns you always see celebrities sporting on the red carpet!

I use them for a nice updo for work, a night out on the town, and even to weddings! I even find myself using them instead of the classic alligator clip. Now, when I come home from a long day at work I use them to just throw up my hair so I am free to cook dinner, run errands, do things around the house and not have to worry about messing with my hair! Also, they are pretty fun to play with! Haha I find myself doing that from time to time.
So, try them out and I hope you like them as much as I do!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well I took Kellyn’s fashion tip and here are a couple of styles I did super quickly (like all within 3 minutes).  
Messy bunDSC_0188
Half-up bunDSC_0196DSC_0202
Messy French TwistDSC_0203DSC_0209
Formal chignonDSC_0179
Messy chignonDSC_0215
You can do these styles too!  Take Kellyn’s advise and go get some Goody Spins!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...