Monday, October 24, 2011

I don't like Jack-o-Lanterns

In case you didn't see my guest post a couple weeks ago at Crafty, Scrapy, Happy, I wanted to share it with you again. 
Fall is my favorite season; I wait all year for it.  And pumpkins, are my favorite part of fall.  I love the scent, the flavor, and decorating with them. 

Insert problem here: I’m 100% girly-girl!

So while I adore the festive look of a jack-o-lantern, I can promise you, you will never find me carving one.  For the same reason I don't like eating chicken wings, I just don't like to get dirty.  Yes, I know it’s easy to clean-up, but I’d prefer to use alternative ways to decorate with pumpkins.  So in case I’m not the only one out there (hopefully I'm not alone here), I’ve got some pumpkin decorating ideas that don’t require carving for you this autumn.
1. Adorn- You can add a happy touch to a pumpkin in so many ways.  Here are a some ideas, but don’t be scared to get creative: ric rac, tacks, jewels, flowers, and ribbonsAdorn AAdorn B 
2. Stack- Height always adds a nice touch & pumpkins are perfect tools for height.  Pumpkins can be turned into topiaries or used to stack candles on top of. Stacking makes for great centerpieces.Stack A
3. Paint- Without carving, you can still get really creative adding your own shimmery touch.  You could use paint to add your monogram, address, or a guest’s name for a place card.  Don’t just stick to regular paint; you could also use glitter  or chalkboard paint!Paint A
I can’t wait to hear how YOU have decorated your pumpkin this year!  Please go visit Jaime at Crafty, Scrapy, Happy for some more amazing ideas.  She's so creative and talented.  I know that you're going to love her!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...