Friday, October 14, 2011

Destruction Before Reconstruction: FINAL REVEAL

After a month of work, and a month of teasing you, the master bedroom makeover is complete.  I’m so excited to share the final product with you!  Are you ready for this?!  Many of you requested a video, so this is my first video I’ve posted on Life with the Hawleys; just for you :-)

Before I show you the “new” bedroom, let’s take a walk down memory lane with what our bedroom used to look like, just so you can remember how far we’ve come.

This was our bed without a headboard, and this was our bedding- shiney right? lol DSC03457-2
This was the old version of the nightstand and the lamp from college.DSC05615-2
The armoire with my ancient boom box hahaha I am still laughing about this.28. Bedroom-2
This is Phil’s dresser that matches the rest of the furniture (though in the picture it looks like a completely different color- weird)….we actually didn’t do anything to this.DSC04886
Every night I threw (pun intended) the throw pillows on the floor in an “orderly” fashion. DSC04880
I also had some “wonderful” decorations in our room…..more like I had a bunch of random junk, including a painting, change bucket, and sparkly Christmas mistletoe (oh yes, real classy in August hahaha)…..this place was a disaster zone!DSC04890DSC04878DSC04883   Ok I was wrong.  The real disaster zone was my closet! (insert horror movie scream here)      DSC05771-2DSC05775-2  This was our laundry system that we rigged to the wall to keep Tomlin from parading our personals around the house.   Talk about embarrassing!DSC05831

See ya ugly, random, left-over college junk, bedroom!  We will NOT be missing you!

Now that we’ve reviewed and paid our last respects to the former bedroom, let's watch the video of the new room!!!!
I’ve gotten so many great tips, comments, and suggestions from all of you, so you can take credit for this room because you were so influential and inspirational :-) Thank you, Thank you; I million times: THANK YOU!!!!

Please let me know what you think!  Did I keep with the theme well? Do I have a southern accent (lol)? Is it rustic romance? Is it shabby chic? Do you have a favorite part?  Where are my areas for improvement?
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...