Friday, October 14, 2011

Destruction Before Reconstruction: FINAL REVEAL

After a month of work, and a month of teasing you, the master bedroom makeover is complete.  I’m so excited to share the final product with you!  Are you ready for this?!  Many of you requested a video, so this is my first video I’ve posted on Life with the Hawleys; just for you :-)

Before I show you the “new” bedroom, let’s take a walk down memory lane with what our bedroom used to look like, just so you can remember how far we’ve come.

This was our bed without a headboard, and this was our bedding- shiney right? lol DSC03457-2
This was the old version of the nightstand and the lamp from college.DSC05615-2
The armoire with my ancient boom box hahaha I am still laughing about this.28. Bedroom-2
This is Phil’s dresser that matches the rest of the furniture (though in the picture it looks like a completely different color- weird)….we actually didn’t do anything to this.DSC04886
Every night I threw (pun intended) the throw pillows on the floor in an “orderly” fashion. DSC04880
I also had some “wonderful” decorations in our room…..more like I had a bunch of random junk, including a painting, change bucket, and sparkly Christmas mistletoe (oh yes, real classy in August hahaha)…..this place was a disaster zone!DSC04890DSC04878DSC04883   Ok I was wrong.  The real disaster zone was my closet! (insert horror movie scream here)      DSC05771-2DSC05775-2  This was our laundry system that we rigged to the wall to keep Tomlin from parading our personals around the house.   Talk about embarrassing!DSC05831

See ya ugly, random, left-over college junk, bedroom!  We will NOT be missing you!

Now that we’ve reviewed and paid our last respects to the former bedroom, let's watch the video of the new room!!!!
I’ve gotten so many great tips, comments, and suggestions from all of you, so you can take credit for this room because you were so influential and inspirational :-) Thank you, Thank you; I million times: THANK YOU!!!!

Please let me know what you think!  Did I keep with the theme well? Do I have a southern accent (lol)? Is it rustic romance? Is it shabby chic? Do you have a favorite part?  Where are my areas for improvement?
xoxo Darby

19 comments :

Bridget said...

I love the way the shutters turned out! Congrats on finishing the room, it looks great!

Joy said...

Love it! The entire room turned out great! However, you were missed one HUGE part of the bed... TOMLIN!!! I know that's why the door was shut because she would have been all over that video following her mommy around! And I saw her halloween costumes in your closet! =)

Lindsay said...

I really love your new space! The little details you've added have made a really big difference! Great job! Your headboard is my favorite! And the bedding looks so whimsical! Great job! And you are so super cute on the video. :)

Simply Kelly said...

Look great- love the headboard!!
~Kelly, simplykellyblog.com

Christa said...

can i have your bedroom!! k thanks! love it

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

I love how it all came together! It was fun looking at everything all redone! Ok, so I love the coffee maker in the closet, genius! :) And I can't believe you got rid of the boom box, haaha. The new bedding is awesome too. I love it all, great job!

Morgan said...

everything looks great, Darby!! the only thing I can think of to add would be something directly over the headboard between the 2 sconces. I think large letters that say "Mrs. & Mrs." would be adorable! (I've seen it on Pinterest) You really did a great job! I think my favorite part would be the shutter picture holder!

Kellyn Fleming said...

Wahoo! I feel like I just went to a big reveal night! Like all your other posts were just trailers and now we got to see the feature presentation! I absolutely love it! I love the bedding and the curtains! I also really like the chair/pillow/picture corner! So sweet! And of course I love that too cute message board. Job well done Hawleys!!!! I hope to see it in person real soon! :) Super impressed

Jen said...

It looks so great! You definitely pulled off the shabby chic and rustic romance look! Love the bedding - the ruffles on the shams are very pretty :)

prewchatterly said...

Hi! Nice transformation!!! Reviewed your blog in alexa hope you return the favor and write me a review too at http://www.alexa.com/write/review/prewchatterly.com

You really have a great blog! I love to be here every now and then. anyway i want to invite you to join our new community http://girlstalksociety.com where in you can share your blog posts, create new groups and meet new friends. We are also giving away Paypal Cash Gift Monthly For our Top 2 Active Girl Talkers - which is the most active girls in the community. You can be one of them if you join today. Godbless and Keep it up! I LOVE YOUR BLOG DEARLY. :)

PS. you can get in touch with me personally to this blog http://prewchatterly.com - Everything girly

Mason's Mama said...

New follower from the blog hop )

Danie said...

Love it girl :)! I LOVE the bedding and I don't think it's too girly at all...even if it were, hubbies just have to deal with that ;)! BTW, I was hoping for a guest spot by Tomlin! =(

Emily @ 52mantels said...

Beautiful redo! The CSI project is having a room redo challenge coming up soon. You should totally enter this room!

I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award because you're so inspiring! Go check out the details at 52mantels.com. :)

Beth said...

Love all the little changes/additions.... the shutters, wall sconces, hanging shelf, trunk, etc. Especially love the blue picture shutter! Did you distress it or did it come that way? I might need one of those!

Tamar SB said...

Your room looks stunning!! So crisp and calming! Hope you enjoy it!

And thank you for the sweet comment you left on my post on Sherri Lynn's blog!

Hope you'll stop by my blog sometime, have a great week!
Tamar

Durante said...

The change is phenomenal, you must be walking on clouds!

Mel the Crafty Scientist said...

This is amazing! I love it! The little blue accents are too cute - the blue curly "H" and the shutter are just gorgeous! It looks so pretty and professionally done! Want to decorate my apartment? It comes with more dog clothes and waaaaaaaay too many books! : )

-Mel the Crafty Scientist

Crystal said...

LOVE it!!! I am so excited to finally see the big reveal and I just love everything about it, Darby! {Love that you posted a video, too!} We can really get a feel for what the room looks like as a whole. Everything just came together so well and looks beautiful! The hamper & trunk coordinate so well together and I love the different textures you used (linen curtains, burlap lampshade) I especially love your little reading corner! I am so not surprised about the coffee maker in your closet, knowing what a coffee lover you are! Can't wait to hear the story! :)

sherri lynn said...

Darby it looks amazing!! It definitely does have a rustic romance look to it - I love it! My favorite parts are the wicker chair with the pretty pillows and the shutter behind it with the pictures. AND your linens - that sham with the ruffle is so dainty and perfect! everything looks great - you put a ton of work into it and it looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...