Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: My NEW Camera!!!!

Last Friday, the Mr came home from work and said he had a surprise for me. 

I *love* it when he says that lol

From the title of this post you can easily guess what my surprise was, but I was certain it was another puppy.
 
I was sooooo wrong. 

When he put the boxes on my lap, I could feel that it was way too heavy to be a puppy, and I was clueless as to what it could be.  When I opened my eyes I was speechless.  I had been asking for a camera upgrade, and I knew that Phil had been doing his research for about a year.  However, I had no idea that Friday was the day. 

I went from this Sony Digital Camera (which really is still a great point and shoot camera)……..Sony
…….to this baby: a Nikon DSLR 5100 with a 18-55mm VR lens as well as a 55-300mm VR lens (sold separately).  Nikon 1
Phil also  got me some Nikon Photography classes & books.  Though I haven't started my classes yet, I have had a blast exploring my new camera and I wanted to share some of my first shots with you.  (I didn’t do any editing to these photos.  I want a point of reference to monitor my progress- once a scientist, always a scientist lol).DSC_0006DSC_0008DSC_0016DSC_0020DSC_0030DSC_0095DSC_0040DSC_0101DSC_0115DSC_0121DSC_0068
Didn’t Phil get me an amazing camera?!?!  He is so good to me!!! I think I’ll keep him ;-)

I’ve been looking through a lot of tutorials online, but if you have any website/book suggestions please send them my way; I have a lot to learn and I’m SO excited!

And, in case you haven't figured this out yet, the next several months of posts are probably going to be picture-heavy.  I apologize now! 

Hope you’re having a great week!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...