Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: My NEW Camera!!!!

Last Friday, the Mr came home from work and said he had a surprise for me. 

I *love* it when he says that lol

From the title of this post you can easily guess what my surprise was, but I was certain it was another puppy.
 
I was sooooo wrong. 

When he put the boxes on my lap, I could feel that it was way too heavy to be a puppy, and I was clueless as to what it could be.  When I opened my eyes I was speechless.  I had been asking for a camera upgrade, and I knew that Phil had been doing his research for about a year.  However, I had no idea that Friday was the day. 

I went from this Sony Digital Camera (which really is still a great point and shoot camera)……..Sony
…….to this baby: a Nikon DSLR 5100 with a 18-55mm VR lens as well as a 55-300mm VR lens (sold separately).  Nikon 1
Phil also  got me some Nikon Photography classes & books.  Though I haven't started my classes yet, I have had a blast exploring my new camera and I wanted to share some of my first shots with you.  (I didn’t do any editing to these photos.  I want a point of reference to monitor my progress- once a scientist, always a scientist lol).DSC_0006DSC_0008DSC_0016DSC_0020DSC_0030DSC_0095DSC_0040DSC_0101DSC_0115DSC_0121DSC_0068
Didn’t Phil get me an amazing camera?!?!  He is so good to me!!! I think I’ll keep him ;-)

I’ve been looking through a lot of tutorials online, but if you have any website/book suggestions please send them my way; I have a lot to learn and I’m SO excited!

And, in case you haven't figured this out yet, the next several months of posts are probably going to be picture-heavy.  I apologize now! 

Hope you’re having a great week!
xoxo Darby

16 comments :

Natasha in Oz said...

Wow, that is an amazing gift-you lucky thing! You are right-your hubster is a keeper for sure.

Have fun with your new toy-can't wait to see what fabulousness you snap during the week!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Jen said...

What an awesome surprise! Don't you just love when that happens? Have fun with your new camera!

Lindsay said...

Girl, you got hooked up! Have so much fun with your new toy, I am a bit jealous. :)

Danie said...

I love that 2nd to last pic of Tomlin! I still have the same old camera as you lol! Maybe I can have an upgrade when the little one gets here =). Have fun with it dear!!!

sherri lynn said...

What an amazing surprise! These pictures are really good! I can't wait to see the rest of your new photography skills come to life! Phil is definitely a keeper :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

i love the camera..it looks amazing..and you are a great photographer too! can't wait to see other shots you take!

Joy said...

Love the camera, love the pic, but I REALLY LOVE the pics of Tomlin!!

toi said...

I love that camera. You are so a great photographer too.

Camylla Leonardi said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your camera!!!
so we should be expecting a lot of awesome pics right? hehe

Happy Wednesday,
Simplycamylla.blogspot.com

sarah@totalbassetcase.com said...

WHOA girl!! What an amazing surprise!! You are a lucky lady!

Simply Kelly said...

I super green with envy :-). Enjoy your new toy-- can't wait to see all photos!

Jamie said...

I'm so happy for you! My camera is entitled, "Jamie's Sidekick" whenever it plugs into my computer. They become your siamese twin!

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

I'm jealous! I have always wanted a fancy schmancy camera. My 6 year old Fuji is on its last leg.

Laura said...

Let me know if you find a good photography class. I've been trying to find one since last Christmas when the Canon Rebel T2i was given to me. I have books but I'm still figuring it out on my own. I know I still have a lot to learn!

Kellyn Fleming said...

So excited about yalls new camera! I love pictures so I can't wait to see them all posted! I am really in need of a new camera and I was actually looking into a Nikon, so if you have any suggestions that would be great!~

Vicki ~ The Green Eyed Girl said...

I'm sooo jealous... a new camera is what I asked Santa for this year... I hope he leaves one under my tree... ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...