Friday, October 21, 2011

{{Pumpkin Chili}}

I’ve got to share this delicious (and super festive) recipe with you!  This chili has both turkey and pumpkin in it so it's more healthy, right? ;-)  Oh who cares! Here is my version of Pumpkin Chili:

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium chopped onion
1 green bell pepper chopped 
3 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 
3 lbs ground lean white meat turkey 
2 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
1 cup water 
2 tablespoon chili powder 
2 teaspoon ground cumin
sprinkle of cayenne pepper (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (15-ounce) can dark kidney beans, rinsed
1 (15- oz) can white kidney beansDSC06145
Heat oil over medium-high heat.  Add onion, green pepper, jalapenos, & garlic.  Cook for about 5 minutes.  Then add turkey and cook until brown.DSC06147
Throw everything else into the pan.  Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30  minutes.DSC06148
Fill your bowl, curl up with your sweetheart on the couch, & watch a movie.  DSC06153
This is so easy, tasty, and some what healthy.  I hope you enjoy this as much as we did :-)

9 comments:

sherri lynn said...

This sounds really good! I've never put pumpkin in chili because but it does sound so festive! Oh and I liked seeing all of the Kroger products in that picture... I miss Kroger! We have Publix here which I do like, but I still miss my Kroger :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

this looks good...but i loved your disclaimer somewhat healthy!

Lindsay said...

This looks SO yummy! I have got to try this for sure. Thanks for the recipe!

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

Very interesting. I have never had pumpkin anything. I love all squashes though. I should try it.

Vicky said...

I have never heard of pumpkin chili but it sounds yummy and like a great thing to eat on a cold fall night. I am a new follower from Saturday is Crafty Day. Vicky from www.messforless.net

Carrie's Experimental Kitchen said...

Looks great! New follower after seeing you on Chef in Training. :)

Artsy VaVa said...

Yum! Sounds delicious. Can't wait to try it! I'm pinning this!

Amy said...

Yum, Darby! This looks fantastic! I love chili on a chilly day...heehee. Thanks for linking at OAM!

Crystal said...

Darby! This sounds delicious! And what's even better is that I can add it to the recipes for our new eating plan! I can't wait to try it! :) Thanks so much for sharing! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover