Friday, March 31, 2017

Chicken Pear Salad

I don’t know what it is about the flavor combinations in this salad, but it is on point!  One evening last June I forgot that I needed to make dinner.  I know that it happens every evening, but sometimes I just forget.  Anyone else? Well it was hot and I didn’t want to heat up the kitchen with the range so I got creative.  I went through the fridge & pantry and this is what I ended up with.  I should call it the “Last Minute Salad” but that doesn’t sound too tasty, does it? Chicken and Pear SaladDSC_0999From the Kitchen of Darby Hawley
Ingredients:
chicken tenders
bacon fat
sea salt & pepper to taste
spinach
quinoa, uncooked
dried cherries
almonds, sliced (or chopped walnuts or pecans….they all work and taste good, so your choice!)
pears, thinly sliced
feta cheese
raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing (I like this one)

Directions:
1. Saute chicken in bacon fat and season with sea salt & pepper and cook quinoa according to package instructions.
2. Mix everything together and top with chicken and drizzle salad dressing.
3. Enjoy!DSC_1001
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...