Saturday, October 3, 2009

Family Food

Food has always been something in our house that brings everyone to the table becoming quality time spent together. I have always cherished this time with my family, especially the time I spend preparing the food with my family. Baking bread is something special that I do with my dad. Since my early teens, my dad and I have been baking bread, specifically banana nut bread. I’m not totally certain how this tradition came to be though; if I had to guess, it’s probably because either my mom or my dad got a Kitchen Aid mixer since we use the recipes from the cookbook that came with the mixer. Since moving to Houston, I don’t get the opportunity to make bread with my dad much anymore. When I do bake bread, no matter how hard I try (even when I’m using the same recipe) the bread just never tastes as good when I make it with my dad. My family is fairly consumed (no pun intended) by the Food Network and one of my personal favorite chefs is Paula Deen. For Christmas last year my dad gave me a Paula Deen cookbook. Being in the bread-baking mood, I decided to bake a loaf of bread from the cookbook my dad got me.
Pumpkin Bread
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...