Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cooler Weather

Even though Phil and I were in different states this past weekend, we both experienced some cooler weather. I was in Chicago for the weekend. When I left Houston it was 93 degrees and when I got to Chicago, the high was 43 degrees; a 50 degree difference! I loved the cooler weather because I could finally cool down after the intense Texas summer. The city was beautiful and the people were so nice. I did some shopping and walking around the city. On Saturday night I had dinner with my uncle, whom I hadn’t seen in about 3 years, so it was wonderful to catch up with him. Chicago was gorgeous and worth the only 9 hours of sleep that I got from Thursday to Sunday. I can’t wait to go back with Phil! Some pictures from my trip:
Back in Houston, while I was in Chicago, another "cold" front come through bringing the temperature down to the 50’s. Phil kept pretty busy while I was gone: he stood in line for an hour for tickets to our church’s Christmas Pageant, participated in the service project with our Sunday School class, coached flag football (won one game and lost the other), and studied for a test that he has today. That is was a busy Saturday!

On Sunday after Phil picked me up from the airport, we went on a picnic lunch in Memorial Hermann Park (my favorite park in Houston). It was so beautiful. In the afternoon, we tried to watch the Steelers game but were having some trouble. Because Pittsburgh is so far away from Houston, we don’t get it on the local stations too much. In order to see some of the game, we watched all of the red zones plays on the NFL channel; thank goodness for that channel! All in all, it was a fabulous weekend! Have a great week Hawley Blog Readers!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...