Monday, February 20, 2012

Gallery Wall

Morning and happy Monday!  Time just keeps on ticking, doesn’t it!?  I feel like an old lady when I catch myself saying things like this, but seriously every year keeps moving faster than the last.  Anyone else feel this way?

Ok anyways, enough with the old lady talk.  Last November I completed this project but have yet to post about it (see time IS literally slipping through my fingers).  Phil was out of town for Thanksgiving so I filled my time with projects to distract myself- you can catch up about that weekend here.  One of the projects I did was to make a Gallery Wall in the dining room.  Since we moved here, 4 years ago, this wall has been a décor mystery.  This mystery was conquered when I saw several pictures of gallery walls floating around on pinterest (here are some pictures that inspired me).

After getting some frames from Hobby Lobby (of course Ha!), I began transforming the wall.  I started on the floor, playing around with the arrangement of the frames until I settled on a format that I wanted.  I think it’s much faster doing the rearranging on the floor rather than putting a million holes in the wall lolDSC_0759
I like the look of various styles of frames, and things not matching. They are all a dark espresso brown, so they match color wise, but style and shape they are all different. I think it’s a bit shabby chic lolDSC_0949DSC_0951DSC_0952In addition to the frames, I also purchased a key, a mirror and an “H’.  I also found this sign and love having it in the middle; it’s a great memory of course for us, but more importantly it’s a great piece for our guests to know that the Hawley house is Christ-centered.DSC_0950
I took post-it notes and stuck them to the frames to make sure that I was certain I liked the look and what pictures I had planned on putting in the frames.  Then I got out a hammer and some nails :-)DSC_0762
Ta Da!!!!DSC_0945
So far I’m loving this gallery wall; I think it’s a great way to display various aspects of our family.
DSC_0946
What do you think? Do you have a gallery wall in your home? What tricks do you have for your gallery walls?
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...