Thursday, February 2, 2012

Yarn Love

It’s quite possible that we have all see this picture on Pinterest22166223135449670_OzieVl7Y_c
Isn’t that so cute? Who wouldn’t want to make this lovely yarn project with Valentine’s Day right around the corner?
So I pulled out a wire hanger and some needle nose pliers and bought some red yarn.DSC_0262
Using the pliers, I twisted the wire into "love" awwwwwwwwDSC_0274
Then I tightly wrapped the yarn around the wire and superglued the end closeDSC_0283
Ta da!!!!! It’s the perfect photography prop lolDSC_0292DSC_0297I have the yarn wire on the mantle right now.DSC_0323
This project was a bit more challenging than I anticipated.  It wasn’t costly and there aren’t many steps, but it did require more effort than I anticipated.  The loops were harder to make than I thought they would be with the pliers (maybe I need to hit the gym more).  Also I think if I weren’t such a cheapo frugal wife, I would have bought thicker yarn so that it wouldn’t take as long.  So this does require some upper arm strength and a little bit of time but it is also a very cute Valentine’s Day decoration. Don’t ya think?
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...