Thursday, February 2, 2012

Yarn Love

It’s quite possible that we have all see this picture on Pinterest22166223135449670_OzieVl7Y_c
Isn’t that so cute? Who wouldn’t want to make this lovely yarn project with Valentine’s Day right around the corner?
So I pulled out a wire hanger and some needle nose pliers and bought some red yarn.DSC_0262
Using the pliers, I twisted the wire into "love" awwwwwwwwDSC_0274
Then I tightly wrapped the yarn around the wire and superglued the end closeDSC_0283
Ta da!!!!! It’s the perfect photography prop lolDSC_0292DSC_0297I have the yarn wire on the mantle right now.DSC_0323
This project was a bit more challenging than I anticipated.  It wasn’t costly and there aren’t many steps, but it did require more effort than I anticipated.  The loops were harder to make than I thought they would be with the pliers (maybe I need to hit the gym more).  Also I think if I weren’t such a cheapo frugal wife, I would have bought thicker yarn so that it wouldn’t take as long.  So this does require some upper arm strength and a little bit of time but it is also a very cute Valentine’s Day decoration. Don’t ya think?
xoxo Darby

19 comments :

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

What a neat & simple project that is adorable!

Meggan of Lila Grace said...

You did a great job!! I have wanted to tackle a project like this, but was nervous about getting the letters to look right. Yours look perfect, and your puppy is too cute!

Lindsay said...

What a fun idea! Super creative--and I love using yarn!

Kellyn Fleming said...

You're right! I have seen this on Pinterest but I think it is super cute. Yours looks really great! I love it up against the picture frame of you and Phil. And, of course I love it against that precious pup! I may just have to try this now!

My Life as A Plate said...

Such a great idea!! It came out amazing, perfect for v day.

Lindsey said...

You did a great job!

sherri lynn said...

This looks so cute! I'm impressed with how you were able to bend the wire.... I don't think my letters would have turned out that well!

H2O Threadworks said...

This would also be a great photography prop for new babies or engagement shoots. The possibilities are endless: It's A Girl/Boy, monograms, Love, the new last name...how much fun!

Megan said...

that is super cute!!

Sarah said...

i love that you made the mason jar with a doily and heart from pinterest too!! i think i'm going to have to make some of those. your wire/yarn word looks great!!

Sarah said...

SO glad you like my pillow tutorial! Thanks for stopping by Dwell on Joy :)

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

Very cute!! I don't know if this is one I could tackle but it does make an excellent prop :)

Christine said...

I SOOOOO love this!! I'm going to make one for sure!!

Thanks for stopping by at The DIY Dreamer!!

Would you mind going back and linking up this project?? PLEASE?!

ErlizaMac said...

I did see this on Pinterest and have been really wanting to make it! Now I'm even more inspired to tackle it myself, you did such a great job!!!

sarah@totalbassetcase.com said...

Cute! Get that sleepin pup outta here with his cuteness!! Can you tell that Im secretly dying for a puppy in my life?

Alderberry Hill said...

So awesome...I did this as well.
http://alderberryhill.blogspot.com/2012/01/wire-yarnvalentine-words.html

I love it in red though!

Suzy @ Joy Is At Home said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment!!! I guess I wasn't very secretive! I had a lot of friends tell me they figured I was pregnant because I pinned so many baby related pins! Little did they know I was doing that LONG before I got pregnant.. haha I guess when baby fever kicks in it really kicks in! :) Now I need to go catch up on your blog :)

Mo 'Betta said...

The puppy is so cute I can't stand it! This is a neat idea, I may give it a try with the kids (I'll let them do the wrapping!)

Abby Devine said...

Love this... definately going to try to make this!! That puppy is so precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...