Thursday, February 9, 2012

Puppy Love

If you are Mr Hawley: STOP READING RIGHT NOW!!!!  This is your official spoiler alert!

This is what the pups are giving their dad for Valentine’s Day.  I saw it on Pinterest, using children’s hands and thought that I could adapt it for the pups (Yes, I know I’m obsessed with our puppies, no need to comment on that lol).  So if you have 2-legged children you can do this as well.

To be honest, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall while we were making this craft….red paint was ALL over the place! And on another note, don’t try to do this after work when you’re still wearing your work clothes (I’m hanging my head in shame right now!)

What you need (besides some patience and a bathing suit): red paint, a paper plate, a marker, and construction paper.DSC_0395
Step 1: This is the MOST important step (I promise!) Make sure your pups are completely passed out!  Do not start until they’re snoring or drooling!  DSC_0142DSC_0148DSC_0221
While you’re waiting for them to be passed out, set up a station. Silly me did this in the dining room, where we have white carpet…..tisk tisk tisk.  I set up a chair for the pups right next to the end of the buffet and poured red paint onto a paper plate- you don’t need much.  I initially thought that I was going to paint each paw with a brush for a perfect impression……I was obviously not thinking clearly that day.DSC_0396
Step 2: Take each dog individually and quickly press their paw onto the plate and then the construction paper.  I started with Rooney and everything went perfect.  I then bathed him and came back for Tomlin’s turn.  This is where I think I went wrong, because Tomlin was starting to wake up.  The words “freak out” would best describe her reaction to the paint, as can be seen in the picture.  She doesn’t even like water so I’m not sure why I thought she would tolerate blood red paint and then a bath.  Her paws hit the paper plate, the plate went flying through the air, red paint splattered every where…….oh goodness I seriously wish I got this on tape for you.
Anyways, for the final product I drew hearts around their prints, and wrote their ages and a little message to the Mr.  Then I glued the entire thing to some red stock paper.DSC_0399DSC_0405DSC_0406
I’m thinking any dad (of children or puppies) would appreciate this Valentine’s gift.  It’s the thought (and HUGE effort) that counts lol
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...