Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: My New Sewing Machine!!!!

My mom gave me a new sewing machine for Christmas.  When it arrived we Skyped each other so that she could watch me open the package.  It was SO much fun! 
The HUGE box it arrived in.  It was so heavy!DSC_0192
“Mom” via Skype, sitting on the coffee table, watching me open the gift lolDSC_0194
Here was everything all over the floor.DSC_0195
There were a bazillion peanuts!  The pups liked to chase them when I turned the ceiling fan on lolDSC_0198
Ta da! New machine!!!DSC_0200-1DSC_0205
Check out all my new settings :-)DSC_0201-1
I got started right away on my first project with my new machine.  I figured what better person to make a gift for, than the very person who gave me the machine.  Makes sense, right?  I decided to make my mom an early Valentine’s Day gift.  I purchased a tea towel, some ribbon, and red damask fabric.  I pinned the edges and sewed them to the towel.  I practiced with a bunch of my new stitches. lolDSC_0375DSC_0377
On each side,  I sewed on 2 ribbons.  The ribbons help the towel to stay on the range handle in the kitchen.DSC_0379DSC_0381
I mailed this to my as a surprise and she really liked it.  I thought this was an easy, fast, and fun first sewing project with my new amazing machine.  So what do you think?DSC_0378
I am seriously enjoying this new toy and making tons of projects (get ready to be bombarded with sewing projects- I promise they’re coming lol)
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...