Monday, July 25, 2016

Tumeric Cauliflower Egg Skillet

To be honest, I had to test this recipe se-ver-al times before I got it right.  The first time I made it, it was so grainy and not appealing at all.  It’s kind of a unique collection of ingredients, but so yummy together.  I can now say that this is a really delicious recipe, and SOOOO easy to create.  I know that I say that all the time, but really if it isn’t “easy” I don’t want any part of it! Ain’t nobody got time for that! Am I right or am I right!?!?!?!?!Tumeric Cauliflower Egg Skillet
From the Kitchen of Darby HawleyIngredients
6 tsp coconut oil
1 medium red onion
5 cups cauliflower florets
2 limes, juiced
2 tsp ground turmeric
2 tsp ground ginger
cayenne pepper
6-8 eggs
lime juice, for serving
cilantro, for serving
avocado, for serving

Directions:
1. Over medium heat melt 2 tsp coconut oil in a skillet (I know that I usually use a cast iron skillet, but I didn’t this time.  No real reason, I just didn’t).  Add in the red onions & cauliflower, and cook until the cauliflower begins to brown (this was about 8 minutes for me).
2. Stir in the lime juice, tumeric, ginger, cayenne pepper, and 2 tsp of coconut oil.  Once everything is well incorporated create a well in the center (push all of the cauliflower and onions to the edges).
3. To the well, add 2 tsp coconut oil and once it melts crack in the eggs.  Decrease the heat to low and put a lid on the skillet.  Cook until the whites of the eggs are set & you achieve your preferred yolk firmness (for me it was about 8 minutes).
4. I served mine topped with lime juice, cilantro, and avocado with a side of asparagus that I sauted in bacon fat (yum!)
5. Enjoy!DSC_0949DSC_0955 





xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...