Friday, July 15, 2016

Summer Beauty Stash

I wash my face and put makeup on everyday, even if I'm not going anywhere except the Starbucks drive-thru.  I put on my makeup even if I'm just wearing a tank top and yoga pants, which, my dear friends, happens a lot lol  I "put on my face" everyday, not for my kids, not for my husband, not for the individual handing me my latte at Starbucks, not for the cashier checking out my groceries, not for anyone else, but me.  I put on my makeup because it makes me feel confident and pretty.  Isn't that why we're supposed to wear makeup anyways?! Not for others but for ourselves?  When I put my makeup on I feel put together.  It's something that I do for me every morning so that I feel ready to tackle the day with beauty and confidence.  It changes my outlook on the day, and makes me more optimistic & courageous.

I’m not a beauty guru at all.  Like soooooo far away from that.  I get most of my beauty tips from Meg O., who is like the queen of beauty gurus- go check her out!  I buy whatever she tells me to buy; I’m whipped! lol I prefer lots of lightweight coverage to make me feel pretty without feeling like my makeup is caked on.

I want my makeup to be effective and fast. I can’t deal with a bazillion steps to get coverage.  I purchase all of my products at HEB (our local grocery store) or the drug store.  I rarely order anything online and I never go to upscale makeup boutiques (so everything is pretty affordable).  My favorite brands right now seem to be e.l.f. and Maybelline.

I prefer to make most of my products (face wash, bug spray, etc.) but this summer, I have had limited time, so here are the products I’ve been using. Note the finger prints all over these products.  That’s because I actually do use these every day.
Summer Beauty Stash
Hair:
I’ve got to have this dry shampoo & an alligator clip.  I don’t remember the last time I wore my hair down.  A top knot is my go-to these days.  And I’m sure you know by now how obsessed I am with this dry shampoo! (see more here and here)DSC_0117Skin Protectant:
I’ve been using this sunscreen and bug spray lately and so far so good. 
I also use my homemade bug spray. (recipe here)DSC_0118
Skin Care:
I’ve been hooked on this smooth makeup remover since 2003 (yes, I remember the exact date, because my brain remembers dumb stuff).  I recently started using this face wash by Young Living, and I’m honestly shocked that I like it. I find that most “gentle” cleansers are way too gentle.  But this is gentle and strong at the same time. Ah-maz-ing!DSC_0120
Make-Up- Foundation:
I’ve been using this Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily (shade: 150) for my foundation applied with a beauty blender sponge, Maybelline Fit Me! (shade: fair) for concealer and contouring, and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser (shade: light pale) for my “I have a newborn” bags under my eyes.  I set my make up with the super lite Neutrogena mineral powder (shade: natural ivory 20).  To add just a little bit of natural color to my cheeks and nose I use e.l.f. Studio Blush (shade: mellow mauve).  This combination of products gives me the smoothest looking and clear skin I think I have ever had.  All of these products are lite and don’t feel caked on, even in the intense Houston humidity.DSC_0116
Make-Up- Eyes:
For my eye lids on the day to day, I use Maybelline Eyestudio Color Tattoo Concentrated Crayon (shade pink parfait on the nasal portion of my eyelid and bronze truffle on the temporal portion of my outer eyelid).  When I get a chance to have fun with my makeup, which is usually just Saturdays and Sundays when the Mr. is home to help with the kiddos, I use Maybelline’s Blushed Nudes Palette and Rock Nudes Palette.  I love that on the back of these palettes there are suggestions for wearing 2, 3, or 4 shades and which combinations to use.

For quite some time I’ve been using Revlon’s Brow Fantasy (shade: light brown) for my eyebrows, and e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner (shade: brown).  Not pictured, but I also use Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner (shade: charcoal) if I’m out of the e.l.f. eyeliner.  I really like gel liners these days.  My newest favorite mascara, which gives me shocking volume, is e.l.f. Volume Plumping Mascara (shade: black).DSC_0112
DSC_0122Make-Up- Finishing Touches:
I don’t tend to wear bold lips.  I usually pick more natural shades, and these two are my all-time favorites.  I like both of these matte lip colors.  They are long-lasting and I wear them everyday: e.l.f. Matte Lip Color (shades Tea Rose and Natural).  Because it is so hot I have to use a setting spray for my makeup; it’s like hair spray for make up so that my makeup will last all day long.  My favorite is e.l.f. makeup mist, but when I can’t find that one I have been using my second favorite Maybelline Facestudio Master Fix Wear Boosting Setting Spray.DSC_0121
What are you using this summer?
What products do you use that I need to add to my beauty stash?
Obligatory Blogger Disclaimer: I was not paid by any of these brands, and these opinions are 100% mine; but if they want to start paying me, I’d gladly take the extra cash.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...