Monday, May 12, 2014

What is in my Diaper Bag?

Y’all should know by now that this lady is a list maker! I have a list for everything and I’m all about crossing things off and getting things done!  The more prepared I can be, the greater my perceived sense of control is (read: therefore decreased anxiety).  I know I wont need my diaper bag for a while, and I’m certainly not taking it with me to the hospital for D-day, but I still wanted to have it done and packed for that first outing…..whenever that will be.  I mean I have carried MANY bags through the years, but a diaper bag has never been in the rotation.  In order to know what I should have in my diaper bag I turned to the best sources I have: new mamas, Pinterest, and Twitter (I can’t help but laugh as I type that lol).  Here is what is packed in my diaper bag for an infant:Infant Diaper BagInfant Diaper Bag Contents
  1. Large muslin blanket since our baby will be born in the summer.  This can double as a swaddle blanket, carrier cover, and nursing cover.
  2. Burp cloth… ya know, because babies burp and spit-up.  Funny that they're called "burp cloths" and not "spit-up cloths"  niiiiiiicccceeee marketing ;-)
  3. Boogie Wipes- because from what I hear they fix almost everything.
  4. Pacifiers- 2 just in case one gets misplaced or “rejected”
  5. Extra change of clothes and a hat for accidents
  6. Hand sanitizer
  7. The Mommy Hook serves as an extra “hand”.  The strong clip can help you secure your diaper bag or shopping bags to the stroller or the grocery cart.
  8. Ziplock baggies can be used for anything, but if you have a blow-out you can contain the damage
  9. Diaper rash cream and petroleum jelly
  10. Changing pad, many of which come with the diaper bag, but double check before purchasing.
  11. Lotion for mama (all that hand washing can really dry out the skin) and Dreft stain pen
  12. Diapers, wipes, and dirty diaper bags
I hope this helps any other new mamas that are thinking about what to pack in their diaper bags. And, as always, if you have something to add to the list please let me know.  I’m working on my learning curve right now, so I’m taking all of the tips and tricks of the trade that y’all have to offer!
Happy Monday!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...