Friday, May 2, 2014

Little Peep Bumpdate {35 weeks}

35 week collageDate: 4/23/14
How far along: 35 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: A coconut....I've got a coconut in my belly!
Developmental milestones: Little Peep wont get much bigger in length, but he will be plumping up for the remainder of the pregnancy.  Right about now he is probably closer to 6 lbs based on what he was measuring at the end of March.  He has about 1 more pound of fat to grow and then he will be ready for his big debut.   Little Peep's testicles have fully descended, and his liver has begun to create waste.  His kidneys & hearing are completely developed and he is responding best to high pitch sounds (like dogs barking lol).
Maternity clothes: Oh yes and not many of these fit anymore; my pants are stretched to the max!
Weight gain: 28 lbs
Stretch Marks: Yep, and I sure am proud of those little kisses from heaven
Sleep: With the exception of all of the potty breaks, sleep is great.
Best moment of the week: I love visiting the doctor these days to get a peak at Little Peep :-)  This week we saw him breathing again; we've been watching him breath on his own for at least a month!  The Dr. was shocked by how low Little Peep is already.  He is still head down, had a heart beat 141, and my blood pressure was good. I also had my Group B Strep (GBS) test which really wasn't bad at all just a little pinch, and came back negative.  The doc said that we want to shoot to have this baby between 38 and 39 weeks because Little Peep is breathing on his own already and running out of room....that gives us 3-4 weeks.  I am completing my piles at work for my colleagues of what to do for each class in case something happens and my sweet boy comes early :-)
Movement: He is moving all around but I haven't had any huge tough jabs yet
Cravings: Sweets!
Gender: A little boy!!!
Belly button in or out: Still sportin’ my “flattie”
Wedding ring: On for the most part
Anything making you queasy/sick: Nope
What I miss: Nothing
What I’m looking forward to:  Little Peep's first birth day :-)
Labor signs: With my size, how low he is in my pelvis, and the Braxton Hicks contractions, I’d say that Little Peep is working on making his debut soon :-)
Symptoms:   Little Peep has definitely dropped more because I've got increased pressure and can breath so much better now.  I can tell which side of my spine he is sitting on based on my decreased circulation and swollen right foot.  Shoes on that foot are pretty tight; you can’t even find my ankle on that foot lol
Nursery: Done, and I can’t wait to add the final piece, Little Peep, to complete the room :-)
Emotions: I wouldn’t say that I’m anxious because I have a lot of peace, but I would say that I am very focused on getting things ready in every aspect of my life (home & work) so that I can focus on Little Peep when he gets here.  I’m crossing things off my lists very quickly.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...