Friday, May 23, 2014

Little Peep Bumpdate {38 Weeks}

38 week collageDate: 5/14/14
How far along: 38 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: A pumpkin!
Developmental milestones: Little Peep has officially reached his birth weight (within 6-8 oz), and his head is about the same circumference as his abdomen.  His finger nails and toe nails are long enough where they are probably ready for a trim now.  He is shedding his vernix caseosa & lanugo into the amniotic fluid.
Maternity clothes: Oh yes!
Weight gain: I gained 3 lbs in water weight this week.  I'm still under the recommended 35 lbs though, so the doctor and I'm okay with this.
Stretch Marks: Yes and I'm totally loving every single kiss from heaven!
Sleep: I'm soaking it in while I get it; however, if I'm being completely honest, I am definitely looking forward to middle of the night dates with my little man :-)
Best moment of the week: 1- Sharing our maternity pictures by Grace Hill Photography!  She is a magician behind the lens!  Go visit her page and book an appointment; I promise you will not regret it! 2- Having our doctors appointment and learning that we are 2 cm dilated!  Little Peep is looking great; his heart rate was 155.  Come on little boy, we are so ready to meet you!
Movement:  My baby boy is running out of room but he is still wiggling around.
Cravings: Anything with oatmeal and raisins.  I am l-o-v-i-n-g chewy oatmeal raisin granola bars.
Gender: A little boy!!!
Belly button in or out: Flattie
Wedding ring: On
Anything making you queasy/sick: Nope
What I miss: Nothing!
What I’m looking forward to:
Holding my little boy!
Labor signs: Contractions have definitely picked up.  I really thought he was going to be making his debut on Sunday/Monday because my contractions were so intense that I couldn't walk, but then by 5:30 am on Monday morning my contractions stopped.
Symptoms: Well my belly is huge, I can't see my feet, I'm swollen, & I have chick monk cheeks.  Yep, I'm still preggers lol
Nursery: Done, and I can’t wait to add the final piece, Little Peep, to complete the room :-) 
Emotions: I'm back and forth.  Since school has ended, I'm glad that I was able to complete the semester and I'm enjoying the summer, but at the same time I'm getting more and more restless about getting this show on the road.  I change about every hour: one hour I'm embracing my last few moments where I don't have to share Little Peep with the world, and then the next hour I'm on another walk and bouncing on my birthing ball to encourage his debut.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...