Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Pumpkins & Ghords

So if you’ve looked at Facebook at all in the last month you’ve, I’m sure, been inundated with pictures of the sweetest kids dressed in their best selecting the most PERFECT pumpkin in the patch.  Right?
Well I guess we’re joining in on the fun.  You know I couldn’t help myself. I’ve been dreaming about this trip since September last year!
This past weekend we went to the pumpkin patch for the second time this year.  We went the first weekend of October, and guess what?! They didn’t have pumpkins yet! WHAT?! So we had a do-over this past weekend :-) For the past 2 years we have had Aunt Nana go with us (2014 & 2015) and we have made so many memories with her.  Sadly she couldn’t go with us this year waaaaaaaaaaa!  Even though Aunt Nana couldn’t be with us this year, we made the best memories we could. 
When Aunt Nana and I were in youth group at church we always sold pumpkins to raise money for mission trips, so we always take the kids to a church pumpkin patch.  This year we tried out a new church patch and it was perfect.  They had great areas for pictures and a nature trial to take right around the corner.  DSC_0670DSC_0677DSC_0676DSC_0686DSC_0692DSC_0711DSC_0718
 
Last year Dutch was only interested in the ghords.  This year was no different.  I don’t know what it is about them that he likes so much (maybe they are light enough for him to pick up by himself?), but he was not entertained by the pumpkins at all.  Ellis got a pumpkin and Dutch wanted a ghord :-)
DSC_0694DSC_0731DSC_0736DSC_0756DSC_0741DSC_0747DSC_0767DSC_0777DSC_0791
I’m pretty sure the picture above is my new favorite.  I can’t stop smiling when I see it!
And of course what kind of mother would I be if I didn’t compare my babies each year?Pumpkin Patch through the years
We weren’t there long, just for the morning, but it’s amazing how those little moments will be solidified in my mind for all time.  We had a blast and my heart was filled with joy as I watched my babies explore the pumpkin patch with big enthusiastic eyes.  I am not wishing this next year away but I can only imagine how much fun we will have next year at the pumpkin patch with two walking and talking.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...