Monday, September 26, 2016

Chickpea Shawarma

I forget that I have to make dinner sometimes.  I am the one in charge of making sure we eat, and I forget sometimes only to realize that I have 15 minutes before everyone has a breakdown.  This yumminess has become my go-to when I forget about dinner.  I always have these ingredients on hand and it takes no time at all to make.  It’s so easy that my 2 year old helps me!Chickpea ShawarmaFrom the Kitchen of Darby Hawley
Ingredients
3 15-oz can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
3 tbs EVOO
3 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sea salt, pepper & smoked (or regular) paprika
3/4 tsp ground coriander, & cinnamon
1/2 tsp cumin
For serving: warm naan, red onion, cilantro, lemon, hummus, tzatziki, feta, & grilled chicken if you want (marinated with EVOO & oregano).

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees & line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Mix together chickpeas, oil, & spices.  Then spread on your lined baking sheet. 
3. Bake for 15 minutes, and then turn on the broiler for 3-5 minutes until crispy & brown. While the chickpeas are cooking away, prepare your serving decorations.
4. Enjoy!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...