Friday, October 30, 2015

Teeny Peep Bumpdate- Week 27

27 Weeks
Ummmmm hello 3rd trimester!!!
How did you get here so quickly?!
DSC_0446Who could resist a generation picture?!?!
Date: 10/24/15
How far along: 27 weeks

Fruit-size comparison: A head of cauliflower!!!
Developmental milestones: Brain activity is happening now!  This is big y’all! Baby girl is getting bigger and smarter already :-)
Maternity clothes: I’m still mixing my pre-maternity and maternity clothes.  My jeans and oversized fall shirts are pre-maternity, but everything else is maternity.
Weight gain: I had my appointment this week and I’ve gained 10lbs.  At this point with Dutch I was up 17 lbs so I think I’m doing pretty well here and hopefully I can keep this minimal weight gain on track for the remainder of the pregnancy.
Stretch Marks: I've got plenty of kisses from heaven from carrying Dutch.  I applied lotions and such daily with that pregnancy, but to be honest I don't think I'm even going to try to prevent future stretch  marks.  I absolutely love these badges of honor and I'm so proud to wear them.
Sleep: Exhaustion has definitely set in, and even more than the first trimester.  I am tired all the time.  I could sleep all day (and I did on Sunday), and still be tired and ready for bed by the evening.  I’m sleeping pretty hard and love bed time!
Best moment of the week: This week brought a lot of excitement to our home: 1- My sister was here and we got to go to the pumpkin patch together with Dutch.  She also gifted baby girl with some clothes and the cutest coming home bonnet that I can’t wait to put on her precious little head 2- I had a doctors appointment this week for Teeny Peep.  My bp was 110/62, her heartrate was 142, she’s measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule (another long skinny baby?), I started my blood compatibility shots for delivery, and had my glucose screening.  We’re now down to appointments every two weeks.  How are we here already?! Mind is blown!
Movement:
So much movement these days.  She is a busy dancing girl! I'm trying to savor every single kick she gives me.
Cravings: I will have the occasional thing that I want at that moment (sonic oreo blast or a baked potato happened once for each of those this week) but nothing is consistent or regular.
Gender: Baby girl!!
Belly button: Mostly flat, but the top portion is poking out; I love this! I think it is so cute lol
Wedding Ring: Still on and not feeling tight yet thank goodness
Anything making you queasy/sick: Nothing that I can think of
What I miss: Nothing
What I’m looking forward to: I’m starting to think about holding my precious girl and that newborn baby smell of heaven.  I can definitely wait at least 10 more weeks for this, but I am already thinking about it :-)
Labor signs: No thank goodness!
Symptoms: Heartburn is on the rise, there is a lot of grunting when I stand up or bend over, and, like I said above, I'm pretty exhausted.  Teeny Peep is already very low and I’m feeling lots of pressure.  Something that was new this week was that baby girl had the hiccups.  This was a completely new and awesome sensation since Dutch never had them.
Nursery: There isn't going to be a new nursery.  We plan on having Dutch and Teeny Peep share a room.  It's not that we don't have the space; we do have another bedroom, but we would like our kiddos to share a room when they are younger.  We're thinking this will be a great opportunity to continue building character with our children.  And to be honest, Dutch didn't move into his nursery until he was eight months old, and even then only for a few hours a day until he was 11 months old, so the new baby will probably stay in our room about the same amount of time and then we will do a transition of some sort.  Of course we don't know what it is like to have two children and exactly what it will be like, but this is how we think we are going to try to start.
Emotions: Lots of joy and looking forward to the future while enjoying and cherishing the present :-)
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...