Friday, October 16, 2015

Teeny Peep Bumpdate- Week 25

25 Weeks
I have to say that I always write my posts for Teeny Peep before looking back and this week is so comically similar to this point in my last pregnancy with Dutch. 
Date: 10/10/15
How far along: 25 weeks

Fruit-size comparison: Cauliflower
Developmental milestones: Teeny Peep has a sense of equilibrium (meaning that she knows up vs. down....so she better get ready to flip head-down lol)
Maternity clothes: For the most part I’m in maternity clothes but there are several regular shirts and jeans that I can still fit into comfortably.
Weight gain: This past weekend I definitely indulged in lots of rich French food, and loved every minute of it.  I don't do that often, so it was a treat.  As a result, I’m purposefully not weighing myself haha
Stretch Marks: I've got plenty of kisses from heaven from carrying Dutch.  I applied lotions and such daily with that pregnancy, but to be honest I don't think I'm even going to try to prevent future stretch  marks.  I absolutely love these badges of honor and I'm so proud to wear them.
Sleep: There is no such thing as enough sleep.  I’m continually exhausted.
Best moment of the week: My bestie invited me on a trip to San Antonio for a girls weekend.  Honestly, it was nothing short of spectacular.  We slept, ate, laughed, and shopped to our hearts content.  It was magical! 
Movement: I can always count on her ballet moves at night and in the morning.  One morning this week I got up really early because I had to use the restroom.  When I came back to bed I was just laying there feeling Teeny Peep move around and I got the sense that the Mr was awake.  I looked over and he was also awake so we just laid in bed feeling her morning kicks.  It was so peaceful and wonderful. 
Cravings: Sugar & spice and everything nice ;-)
Gender: It’s a girl!
Belly button: The top portion is poking out!!!!
Wedding ring: On
Anything making you queasy/sick: Nothing, thank goodness!
What I miss: I can’t think of anything here.
What I’m looking forward to: My sister is coming next week
Labor signs: Nooooo! Thank goodness!  But a few weeks ago I did register at the hospital, so we have checked that big item off of our to do list.
Symptoms: I am having some round ligament pain, so I’m trying to move slower and continue working with my yoga ball.  Also I’m a furnace….seriously I. AM. SO. HOT. all the time!  I NEED it to cool off in Houston before I catch on fire.
Nursery: There isn't going to be a new nursery.  We plan on having Dutch and Teeny Peep share a room.  It's not that we don't have the space; we do have another bedroom, but we would like our kiddos to share a room when they are younger.  We're thinking this will be a great opportunity to continue building character with our children.  And to be honest, Dutch didn't move into his nursery until he was eight months old, and even then only for a few hours a day until he was 11 months old, so the new baby will probably stay in our room about the same amount of time and then we will do a transition of some sort.  Of course we don't know what it is like to have two children and exactly what it will be like, but this is how we think we are going to try to start.
Emotions: Pretty joyful and focused on all of the good things in life :-)
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...