Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine’s Garland

Last year I was shopping on Etsy to purchase some garland for my mantle for Valentine’s Day.  Woah their prices were much higher than I was interested in paying.  So this year I decided to try and make my own.
I purchased some festive Valentine’s scrapbook paper, red cardstock, and red ribbon.  I already had 2 difference sized heart cookie cutters which I used as a stencil.DSC_0233DSC_0234DSC_0239
I used the larger cookie cutter to trace hearts on the red cardstock, and I used the smaller cookie cutter to trace hearts on the scrapbook paper.  I wrote “Be Mine” on the  hearts, so I made 9 hearts: one for each letter (for a total of 6), one to separate the words, and one for each end.DSC_0236DSC_0238
I glued the scrapbook paper to the red cardstock and turned them over.  I made 2 slits with my scissors and fed the ribbon through.  I actually put a dab of glue on the back of each heart under the ribbon to hold it in place.  I left extra ribbon on each end so that I could tie little bows with the ribbon.DSC_0342
Then I hung my garland on the mantle.  This was pretty fast.  The longest part was waiting for the glue to dry. DSC_0350DSC_0356DSC_0355
So what do you think?  Do you like my homemade garland?
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...