Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring has Sprung

Since last week was spring break, I got caught up on a lot of writing at work and even had time to start working on my spring-time goals. As for my “gardening,” I got some parsley, oregano, and rosemary in my kitchen window now. Since I have only had the herbs for a day or so, I will have a better report of my green thumb next week. Phil and I got a sushi cookbook and some of the kitchen tools that we will need, but haven’t actually tried it yet. Everyone in our Wednesday night bible study likes sushi so we might use them as our guinea pigs. During the break we also got a few boring maintenance things done: tires on Phil’s car and new mirrors in the bathroom. I sure am going to miss the productivity associated with spring break! My herbs: On Saturday we went to a beautiful wedding at the Gallery. We were so honored that Beth and Erik would share their special day with us. The ceremony was so nice, the food was fantastic, the DJ played all of the greatest hits, and the cakes were delectable! Phil and I had so much fun and danced so much that when we got home my thighs were hurting when I walked up the stairs (and they are still sore actually!) Congratulations to the new Mr and Mrs Erik Woods, and thank you for sharing such a special day with us. Here are my new recipes from last week:
Pizza Crust & Pie- After an incredibly long week, we broke down and ordered a pizza pie 2 Fridays ago. The hour and 45 minute wait for the pizza to arrive was a sign in itself for how the pie was going to taste. Needless to say, it was by far the worst pizza I had ever tasted. This past week I turned to the PW with high hopes for a better pie; Mrs. Drummond did not disappoint! This was so yummy! I’m really glad that I only did one of the recommended layers of cheese; I can’t imagine how cheesy 2 layers would be! This is the dough rising and the finished product: "Green" Velvet Cake- Growing up, my mom used to dye everything edible green on St. Patrick’s Day. It was something that my sister and I always looked forward to. For snack at bible study, I made the PW’s Red Velvet Cake, and in the spirit of St. Patty's, dyed it green.
Fried Ravioli with Marinara Cream Sauce- This is a Paula Deen recipe that I watched her make last week. I decided to pair this with my green velvet cake for our Wednesday night bible study. Before frying the ravioli I rolled them in ground pecans (which is what the chunky stuff on them is) and it was so tasty! If you make this for an event double the recipe because I promise you will run out! Here is the link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/fried-ravioli-with-marinara-cream-sauce-recipe/index.html
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...