Monday, May 23, 2016

Colorful Summer Salad

In my kitchen, I really try to use what is in season for meals.  This salad is right up my alley because it’s using foods that are in season, it’s cheap, it's fast to make, it’s pretty…..and uh duh, it’s delicious.  I could eat this for every dinner during the summer months.  Seriously you’ve got to try this salad.  Colorful Summer Salad
Ingredients:
1 lb asparagus
2 lemons, juiced
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (I like to use a mix of colors just because I think it’s pretty.)
1 avocado
1.5 tsp basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup EVOO
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp sea salt
ground pepper, to taste

Directions:
1. Steam asparagus for 8 minutes. Then put in a bowl of ice water immediately to stop the cooking process.
2. Put EVOO, lemon juice, mustard, sea salt, & pepper in a mason jar. Shake it up…. while listening to Taylor Swift ;-)
3. Place asparagus, tomatoes, basil in a bowl and lightly coat with the dressing. Plate food and top with avocado.
4. Enjoy :-)DSC_0516
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...