Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Shopping Pit Stop and Canned Food Drive Open House

Do you think I tried to cram too many themes into one event? Ha! Probably, but it was still a successful event. You know when you do your mass Christmas shopping and, not only does it take forever, but you tire easily from the crowds & excessive spending? Well since we live at the mecca of Houston shopping, I opened our house to our tired Christmas shopping friends. During the day when shoppers started to get weary & needed a moment to regroup, they could stop by our house for some warm drinks & snacks. This way they didn’t have to spend any more money on snacks, could spend time with friends, & could rejuvenate for the next leg of their shopping. Also to make it a little competitive, for every 2 canned goods that a guest brought for the Houston Food Bank, they were entered into a drawing for an awesome prize. We got more donations than I had even hoped for; thus I think it was a very successful event. Thank you everyone who stopped by!
Here is the box that I wrapped to hold the cans. Little did I know that they would quickly spill over the edges. Of course I forgot to get a picture of that, but take my word for it: there were a lot of cans!
The price was a Scentsy with 2 Christmas scents. Remember me referring to Scentsys before? I almost kept this for myself, but congratulations Becky!!!
Of course we had to have lots of warm drinks! There was warm tea, cider, hot cocoa, and my favorite, coffee :-)
This is not the norm in our house, but just for special occasions, I had sweet coffee stirrers: candy canes and Rolos.
To eat, I served chicken salad tea sandwiches, 3 kinds of cookies, fruit with dip, and cheese with crackers.
Of course it isn't a party unless you get to take home a treat! For favors I gave away Christmas tree ornaments. There were several shapes (e.g. trees, snowflakes, angels), but the heart was my favorite.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...