Monday, August 10, 2009

From Hodge-Podge to Nautical Chic

This summer I have been spending a lot of time updating the Hawley House. When we first got married we had a bunch of different furniture that were hand-me-downs, too small (especially for Phil, haha you should have seen him sit on our first couch; his knees practically hit his chin!), or didn’t match. When we moved into our new place in the spring of 2008, we got rid of a bunch of stuff and started fresh with “adult furniture” for the living room, dining room, and bedrooms. The last room to be completely renovated was my office, which I finished last week. I couldn’t work on the office during the school year because the carpet was hidden with books and articles that I was using for my Masters. As soon as that was completed, I was ready to tackle the office. The office has been one of the bigger transformations. It started out as a collection of things, a hodge-podge if you will, from a sorority house; very girlie. It was past time for an update. Since my office transforms, on the rare occasion that we have company, into the guest room, I wanted it to be a peaceful room with lots of white with navy blue accents so that our company would be able to relax and truly vacation with us.


Here are some pictures of what the office used to look like.



Here is the new office.


xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...