Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: Hair Products

Happy Wednesday friends? Are you having a good week? I am. So far!  While I’ve been preparing for my new position all summer, my first official day of work was yesterday and it was wonderful. If you get a chance, please say a prayer for me to be able to juggle this new position and transition into my new role with a smile.  If the space between posts begins to grow, you know why, but don’t worry I wont be too far away.  I love y’all to much!

I keep getting questions about my hair products.  So today I’m going to share my hair care secrets with you.  You might be surprised to see what I actually use though; and none of it is secret LOL.  I don’t use many products, and the products I do use aren’t anything special.  I have had this head of hair for almost 30 years and I’m still not sure I know what to do with it, but here goes:

For shampoo & conditioner, I use Dove Daily Moisture.  I originally got it because it was on sale at Costco (big fan of buying in bulk), and came with a pump, but I keep using it because I love how soft it makes my hair.DSC_0578
When I get out of the shower I comb my hair.  I never use a brush on wet hair.  Someone a long time ago told me that brushing my hair was one of the most abusive things you can do to your hair.  I’m not sure if this is true or not, but it stuck with me.  I use a wide tooth to slowly comb through all of my hair, and then follow up with the wider portion of the purple comb below.  Once my hair is mostly dry, I then use a large round brush to style my hair.hair products-3
After combing my hair, and while it is still wet, I spray either Suave Volumizing Spray or Regis Root Boost Foam, about 2 inches from my scalp on the sides and the back. I do live in Texas so I gotta have my big hair :-). 
Right before I begin to blow my hair dry, I spray my hair with Suave Heat Protector, focusing on my ends.  Once my hair is dry and I’m done styling my hair, I use Garnier Frucis Pure Clean Defining Paste.  This gives my hair definition, especially when I curl my hair. 
Then of course, like every proud woman from the south, I top off my hair with a large pulse of TreSemme hair spray.  I use the level 4, extra firm control, which protects my hair-do from the toxic humidity.  I still have my morning hair-do at the end of the day, but I still have movement (i.e. I’m not a helmet head).
hair products
For styling my hair, or just keeping my hair out of my face, I use alligator clips, pins, and Goody Spin Pins.  I try not to use elastics because I’m convinced they rip my hair out.  Remember when my sister was here at LWTH and introduced the Goody Spin Pins?  Remember last Thanksgiving when I shared about Vintage Pin Curls?
hair products-2What hair appliances do I use?  I mentioned both of these new “appliances” back in February, so sorry if this is old news.  My hair dryer is Revlon 1875W Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic Dryer and my curling iron is the Conair Double Ceramic Curling Iron.  I use these daily, and so far I love both of these because they’re fast.  See my review of them here.
DSC_0586
See what I mean? I think I’m pretty simple when it comes to hair care.  What do you think? Do you use these products? Or do you have any suggestions for me?  I’m always on the look for something new and improved :-)
I was not paid for these review; everything written is of my own opinion.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...