Friday, August 3, 2012

Photo-A-Day Challenge {July}

I have seen the Photo-A-Day Challenge all over twitter-land and blog-world.  While I attempted to participate in June, I was unsuccessful.  So at the end of June I really got myself vamped up to participate.  In case you’re unfamiliar with the Photo-A-Day Challenge, you’re given a prompt for each day of the month for which to capture in a photo. 
I was initially nervous that I wouldn't have anything to photograph, but within the first week I fell in love with the challenge because it forced the composition of my photos outside of my comfort zone.  I had so much fun and I’m looking forward to August.  If you want to follow me as I capture August, you can find me here on Twitter.
Day 1: Self-portrait
Day 2: Busy (but dripping with sarcasm LOL)
Day 3: Best part of my day (morning quiet time)
Day 4: Fun (a new toy)
Day 5: On the Floor
Day 6: Chair (for puppies)
Day 7: Garden (our backyard)
Day 8: Lunch
Day 9: Big (mistake opening these)
Day 10: Favorite Color (in the kitchen- navy & white)
Day 11: Letter (my favorite)
Day 12: Texture (wicker chargers)
Day 13: Open
Day 14: Building (as a verb)
Day 15: Finger (nail polish)
Day 16: A Sign (that we have city dogs)
Day 17: Your Addiction
Day 18: Plate (for the best state)
Day 19: Animal (Sweet Tomlin)
Day 20: Eye (lash)
Day 21: 9 o'clock (breakfast time)
Day 22: Upside Down (I am)
Day 23: Mirror ("mirror" in my kitchen)
Day 24: Stranger (nothing makes me feel more like a stalker)
Day 25: Heart (on the fridge)
Day 26: Sunshine (in a hurry)
Day 27: On the road (to recovery, poor Rooney)
Day 28: Cup
Day 29: Last thing you bought (doily candle plate)
Day 30: Calm (for now)
Day 31: Toothbrush (perfect cleaning tool)

What do you think?  Did you see how I was trying to think outside of the prompt?  I had a lot of fun with this, but I think my 2 favorite photos were #12 and #13.  Did you have a favorite?  
Thanks for following me this month; I'm looking forward to your comments for August on Twitter or Instagram!
Have a great weekend friends!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...