Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: A Caprese Lunch

Since I will be going back to work in a few days I want to share with you a lunch that I like to pack for the day.  I might be weird, but I hate soggy lettuce.  I want to eat healthy for lunch, but the thought of soggy lettuce simply nauseates me.  This makes it challenging to pack a salad for lunch.
But not a caprese salad ;-)
My version of a caprese salad is easy.  Are you noticing this trend of easiness I have?  It’s not laziness, I promise.  But to me if it’s too hard, and it doesn’t need to be, then I’m not doing it.  Thus my version of a caprese salad is easy to pack in the morning and doesn’t include soggy leaves.
All you need are some cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, salt & pepper.DSC_0342 (2)
Dice the mozzarella and quarter the tomatoes.DSC_0353DSC_0351
Place the tomatoes and mozzarella in a container for lunch/work and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  At this point you can add basal if you’d like; of course, I don’t because of the anti-soggy lettuce thing.DSC_0354
You do not need to add oil, because once lunch time rolls around, the juices from the tomatoes will have marinated perfectly with the mozzarella.  As an option, you can add balsamic vinegar.DSC_0355
Once in the container, put the lid on, mix the contents with a shake, and stuff it in your bag for work. Easy peesy right?DSC_0357
What lunch ideas do you have that are healthy and fast to pack in the morning?
xoxo Darby

10 comments :

Whitney said...

This looks delicious! I totally want to try this.

Simply Kelly Blog said...

Great lunch idea, will have to try this. Good luck with the new job :-).

Susan Fleming said...

Great idea

Katherine Sullivan said...

Oh this is one of my favorite meals!!! I could seriously eat it every day.

The Cavallaro's said...

... Still coming to your house to eat. I need your energy & motivation to cook (especially because what you make is EASY!) I am going to make it a point to try out some of your recipes next week

Shiloh said...

Yum! Looks delicious!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

One of my favorites! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday. Hope to see you again. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Claiming Our Space said...

We make a version of this with peppers and cukes since I am not a tomato fan. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Tamsyn said...

Yum! I feel the same way about soggy lettuce... gross :)

Deb@CookingOnTheFrontBurner said...

Caprese is my favorite!! Good idea over here from Cast Party Wednesday and following you to. Inviting you to stop by and do the same! Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...