Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: A Caprese Lunch

Since I will be going back to work in a few days I want to share with you a lunch that I like to pack for the day.  I might be weird, but I hate soggy lettuce.  I want to eat healthy for lunch, but the thought of soggy lettuce simply nauseates me.  This makes it challenging to pack a salad for lunch.
But not a caprese salad ;-)
My version of a caprese salad is easy.  Are you noticing this trend of easiness I have?  It’s not laziness, I promise.  But to me if it’s too hard, and it doesn’t need to be, then I’m not doing it.  Thus my version of a caprese salad is easy to pack in the morning and doesn’t include soggy leaves.
All you need are some cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, salt & pepper.DSC_0342 (2)
Dice the mozzarella and quarter the tomatoes.DSC_0353DSC_0351
Place the tomatoes and mozzarella in a container for lunch/work and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  At this point you can add basal if you’d like; of course, I don’t because of the anti-soggy lettuce thing.DSC_0354
You do not need to add oil, because once lunch time rolls around, the juices from the tomatoes will have marinated perfectly with the mozzarella.  As an option, you can add balsamic vinegar.DSC_0355
Once in the container, put the lid on, mix the contents with a shake, and stuff it in your bag for work. Easy peesy right?DSC_0357
What lunch ideas do you have that are healthy and fast to pack in the morning?
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...