Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Plum Salsa

Ever heard of it?
Nah, me neither!
I love plums.
I love salsa.
I love lamp.
(hehe sorry I couldn’t help myself)
But seriously, adding plums is such a fun and sweet spin on traditional salsa.  Try this and tell me what you think :-)
Stir together 2 diced plums, 1 small jalapeno (membranes and seeds removed), 1 tsp dried basil, 2 tbs chopped red onion, 2 tsp lime juice, and 1/4 tsp salt.  Let this sit together for at least 45 minutes for the flavors to marry. 
I served mine over grilled chicken (with a 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cumin, and 1/2 tsp salt rub) and sugar snap peas.  The Mr really liked this salsa and even said it was "refreshing"!
So what do you think? I was I going cray cray with this recipe?

Also I want to let you know that I've got a BIG surprise for you tomorrow!  Don't forget to come back and see what I've got for you :-)

10 comments:

meg said...

yum :) looks delish!

Meg Cady said...

Uh WHAT!?
People are so smart!

looks super yummy!!

Susan Fleming said...

trying this soon thankx you are great

Shatzi LoveandLaundry said...

Yum! I SO have to try this!!

Bri Buzali said...

mmmmm looks delish! I've heard of peach and mango salsa before but never plum, I'll have to try it!

Christine said...

Darby... I WANT SOME!!!!! It does look soooo refreshing and YUMMY!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

sherri lynn said...

I have never tried this but it sounds good! I've been seeing more and more recipes for different kinds of salsas lately - it sounds very fresh and summery!

Sam @ The Junk House said...

I would have never thought of this! It sounds (and looks) delicious!

Shatzi LoveandLaundry said...

I'm so glad you linked this up! I'm totally featuring you!

Debi Bolocofsky said...

Hi Phil and Darby,
This is a great salsa recipe. I love anything with plums. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/free-bee-sweet-hat-pattern-crocheted.html
Hope to see you there.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover