Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Plum Salsa

Ever heard of it?
Nah, me neither!
I love plums.
I love salsa.
I love lamp.
(hehe sorry I couldn’t help myself)
But seriously, adding plums is such a fun and sweet spin on traditional salsa.  Try this and tell me what you think :-)
Stir together 2 diced plums, 1 small jalapeno (membranes and seeds removed), 1 tsp dried basil, 2 tbs chopped red onion, 2 tsp lime juice, and 1/4 tsp salt.  Let this sit together for at least 45 minutes for the flavors to marry. 
I served mine over grilled chicken (with a 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cumin, and 1/2 tsp salt rub) and sugar snap peas.  The Mr really liked this salsa and even said it was "refreshing"!
So what do you think? I was I going cray cray with this recipe?

Also I want to let you know that I've got a BIG surprise for you tomorrow!  Don't forget to come back and see what I've got for you :-)
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...